Potty Training... What Worked For Us!!

It seems that every other posting is about potty training advice and how to potty train our darling preschoolers. I just thought i would share what worked for my three year old son.
my son wanted nothing to do with the potty. He wasnt scared of it but just had no interest in it. So... We made a Potty Box!!. We decided that every time he used the potty, he would get to put one coin in his potty box (whatever change i have laying around. He didnt care if it was a penny or quarter) And at the end of the week if he had enough money then he could get a new toy for being such a big boy! He only ever wanted a new hotwheels car so it worked nice sense they are $.97.
I always got him a car just because i knew he was.actually trying. And we made our potty box out of a crystal light drink mix box. It was just the right size. We covered it in colored paper then decorated it in stickers.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 10:22 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my fiance thought it was a silly idea, but it totally worked! Helps that my son loves change and loves to be the one to pay the cashier. Just remember to leave a big enough hole in the box to shake the money out of. This also makes for a nice arts and craft for your preschooler to do!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 10:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'll try that!
    WomanOfGod7

Answer by WomanOfGod7 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'll have to try that too! My DD loves money! lol! Just like her momma! :)
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• sounds good but we dont carry cash or coins around Lol
    Anonymous