What accent color goes with light pink tiles?

We have a vintage 1950's light pink tile bathroom that is not going to be renovated anytime soon. Any ideas on what accent colors would go well? (for towels, etc) I have black and white photos so far.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• For the towels, I'd say to go with what color you're comfortable with. White or cream would look more bright and airy, black would make the room more grounded and bold, and teal or dark pink (or other bright color) would jazz it up. A trick that I like to do is buy a shower curtain or rug that looks good in the room, and pull accent colors from there.Check this website out http://savethepinkbathrooms.com/ Other inspiration http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/2007/12/ss_100914847.jpg & http://www.paperbean.com.au/blog/pinkshadesbathroom.jpg

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• mmm light green goes well! that would be a great spring themed bathroom! pink and green with some flowers photos or maybe some gardening decor like a small watering can with fresh flowers on the sink ledge or behind the toilet.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Brown is wonderful with light pink and it is the trend right now, so your bathroom would be very chic. I would buy a brown shower curtain with a pink accent, if you can't find it with pink on it you can add a pink ribbon pretty easily. Then pink and brown towels and other accessories.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:57 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• green, brown, white, cream, black, yellow. It really depends on where you're going with it. What you're going to use this other color for (is it towels, rugs, paint) and you're personality. I personally like lighter colors so I would go with a white or a cream if there was a lot of pink tile. Go to home depot and get some paint samples on those little color strips and put the colors but against you tile and see what you like the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Green, we have a "vintage" (I like that lol, much better than "hideous" as I usually describe it) bathroom also with mint green tiles and I have this gorgeous mauvy/pink color on the walls now. Looks AMAZING.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Thank you ladies for the ideas.

The walls are cream and are staying that way.
    I will see how brown and green look for accents and take it from there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If you've already picked out the black and white photos, I would say to stick mostly with the pink, black, and white theme. You could get a black and white damask shower curtain or something more contemporary with a graphic print. If you'd like more punch, you could add small accents in a dark pink/fushia or dark teal.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• What colors for towels with the black and white prints?
    Anonymous

• my friend's house is the old pinkish tile too..she just has everything black in there
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 12:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010