Everything is so messed up!

I feel so alone...so let down. I feel like no matter what I do I will never be good enough...so stressed and no one to talk to! My son has special needs and I'm constantly told that I went looking for his diagnosis...last week my family asked if this was another appointment to make sure I still get his checks! What I wouldn't give to make things different/easier for my son!
My "uncle" constantly puts me down when we are over there (3x a week so I can go to night job for 1 hr) he told me on my sisters birthday that now I'm old and getting fat...constantly tells me I have no boob, etc...TY b/c I'm not self conscious already!
EVERY problem I have is brushed of, but I am expected to be there the minute they need something. I have to beg for them to watch my kids and even at that I get grilled. I needed to go to ER last month and my mother asked,"Is it really THAT bad just take the car 2morrow and go when they're in school!"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I would cut these people out of my life for the time being. The last thing that you need are to be told things like that while caring for a child in a stressful situation.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Oh well...ty for posting mrsjonzy....why did i expect anything else?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Every bully have their own personal issues. They are broke and they need fixed!!! They are dysfunctional. They need to get a life. I despise ignorant,rude,mean,people.I'm dealing with some of my own specific relatives. It is really hard with relatives! One of my relative does the same thing to a cousin of mine. She has 2 special need children. Her husband and her just put people in ther place. They'll back off. Your son and you don't need them. Why do you allow people to talk to you like that? Why do you even listen to them?They continue to do it because they know you are letting them get under your skin. If you totally ignore them, they'll see they don't have your attention and will stop eventually. Do you work? Are there other true friends that can help you out with babysitter crisis? I would ignore them as much as possible. I wouldn't give them any satisfaction. You need to stay strong, be tough. keep your chin up high
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 11:31 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I don't know you sound almost passive/aggressive. Because this is internet and you can't hear my tone I am saying this very lovingly, grow a spine. Stand up to these people! Tell them you are not to be talked to like that. Next time your Uncle makes a snide comment come right back at him or tell him step off, you have enough stress in your life without his b.s. My Mom use to railroad me all the time, then one day I grew a spine and went right back at her. I had just had enough! Then one day I noticed we were getting a long better and she had backed off. She later told me that she actually starting respecting me after I stood up to her. If you don't stand up for yourself who will? You are worth standing up for SO DO IT!!!! I know it's hard and they could get mad and at you but then you have at least stood up for yourself and gotten some things off of your chest. GOOD LUCK
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I've got a family that sounds so like that! Seems like there's always one that gets picked out as being the one that just 'doesn't count' as much- or that they don't worry about their feelings as much.
    Last year My sister attacked me because she thought I had taken her picture and wanted me to erase all I had taken that day- I refused. told her if she was in the video I'd edit her out later.
    My brother took me to the hospital- I heard our parents telling him "don't you take her, she'll tell!" they told him to just drive me around until I 'cooled off' Cool off my foot- the cracked ribs (along with other injuries)were swelling to the point I couldn't breathe!(he took me)
    but yet they still feel it 'wasn't that bad' and that the most important things was for all to save face.

have you considered telling your uncle he's a bald ugly pig? or something like that? wonder what he'd say to that!
    (sorry sensitive topic!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I mean I know...some people have it sooo much worse than me...but all the little things all the snide comments whether to be jokes or not hurt...they just add up and hurt. I feel as if I no longer have any support or respect. That the 1 group of people you'd expect to have your back turned on me. I'm just so angry and frustrated but love them too. It's too confusing....why can't I tell them no...why don't I stand up to them? I don't know! My husband hates it that they treat me like this...always have...but I feel guilty if I ever say I can't do something. Or if I say that my feelings are hurt I'm told to suck it up...it's a joke. I'm just sick of my family belittling me and making me feel guilty if I object.
    Anonymous

• i'm kind of bumping this so it saves in my answers section so i can reply with it... but for now- what state/area do you live in? if you are close to me, i'd be happy to help out and watch your kids as you need it.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No offense, but you obviously are not tired enough. When you are really tired of it then you won't worry about hurting their feelings.
    Anonymous

• Get RID of toxic people and surroundings and you'll be much happier and can function better. Do this for yourself, but it will also be for your son too. Best wishes.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2010