I am 19 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby, but I don't feel him move very much

We just found out on Monday we are having a boy! and are super excited. The women who did the ultrasound said everything looked great. However is it normal at 19 weeks to not feel very much movement? Like I said this is my 1st pregnancy so I don't really know what to expect.

vboyde

Asked by vboyde at 10:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep, it is normal. But, it won't be very long before you really feel him and "konw" you did.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:47 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I didn't feel my first move until I was about 25 weeks. The others I felt way earlier. It's normal. Don't worry pretty soon you will be begging him to be still! Congratulations!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• If you want to feel him move lay down on your left side and drink something sweet or cold. When you are up walking around and doing things it's like you are rocking him to sleep. Once your movement stops he will most likely wake up. Which also lends itself to why babies get their nights and days mixed up. Ok maybe not, but if you want to feel him move you've got to be still and patient. Lay on the left side because it does increase blood flow to the baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• yes, it is normal. everything will be perfect mama! all pregnancies are different. i am on #5, and overall my first moved around the least!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Normally by 22 weeks, most moms feel movement. It is completely normal to not feet movement yet. It also depends on your size, if your more cury and full-figured, you may take a little longer to feel the baby move, If your thin, you tend to feel the movements even sooner than 22 weeks. Good luck and congrats on your little boy!
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• As long as you have felt movement I wouldn't worry yet about how often it is since baby is still so small and a lot less active than he will be in a few more weeks. The movement will gradually keep increasing in frequency. Congrats!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• at 19 weeks I felt HER :) move some but not much and some days barely at all! But the further I got the more I feel her I well be 22 weeks tom.. and I feel her a lot through the day now!! :) Have felt her pretty good all week.. so just give it a couple more weeks!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sounds normal. You won't feel movement regularly for a few more weeks. The baby is moving in there, but there's still plenty of room, so you aren't feeling most of it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010