When did you all start producing milk?

Im almost 32 weeks pregnant (will be officially on friday) and last night as i was drying off from shower, i noticed leakage from my boobs...mainly my right one. i know its totally normal for this to be happening @ this stage in of pregnancy, but i thought it was weird that only 1 boob was leaking lol!? i guess my question is when did you all experience this & did you change to nursing bras ASAP?

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• this pregnancy my breast started leaking around mmmm 24 weeks. i think.
    its not milk persay its like pre milk. ur milk doesnt come in till after baby'
    and this ir normal to happen like after u take a shower or during intercourse -
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• my boobs started leaking when i was about 4 months. I remember waking up thinking i was sweating and then seeing yellow dried up stains on my shirt...and it happend every night. I had to buy pads for my bra
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• WIth my first i didnt leak or anything until after baby..with this one Ive been leaking what seems like the entire pregnancy! Its AWFUL! and it is usually out of my right breast lol! I guess ill be uneven too! But ive had to start putting pads in my bras because im beyond just a couple dropletts into pouring out now! Man wish this baby would get here!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• four months
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• nursing bras don't really do anything for leaking but you can get breast pads :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I didn't really leak at all before my first baby but once she got here and my milk came in I definitely had a "good boob" that always seemed to leak more and have more milk than the other one.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I never used nursing bras thought they were a waist of money but thats just me. I just use sports bras but about only one breast leaking is totally normal mine does that all the time. After my milk came in 3 days after giving birth to my first child I still have milk 3 yrs later! Its just that colostrum stuff I think nothing real heavy but I guess it takes a while for your milk to totally dry up and plus Im pregnant with baby #2 and she will be here in a few weeks so Im starting to notice a little bit more leakage. Your right its totally normal. By the way congrats !! :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I got my milk in 2-3 days after my babies were born. You're not leaking milk, you're leaking colostrum. Do NOT express it, just leave your boobs alone. You were likely leaking because a warm shower can stimulate leakage. No need to switch to nursing bras, but nursing pads may be a good idea to keep around for just in case. I never leaked til my milk came in.
    Anonymous