Anybody given up caffeine?

My doctor says I should give up coffee and black tea, as well as yerba mate. :-(

Does anyone who has given up caffeine want to share how they did it and suggest a replacement beverage? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Is there a health reason for giving up caffeine or does your doctor just want you off it in general? Drop the coffee first, it's got the highest content I'd avoid the yerba too if I recall it's pretty highly caffeinated too. Have a few cups of black tea through the day to keep the migraines at bay then slowly reduce the cups of tea your drinking until you're off of it. You can get decaffeinated black tea, I order all my teas from specialteas.com they have an AMAZING selection. And drink lots of water, it WILL help.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• punchingdrinkingdoes that answer your ????? i need it lol hey i gave up cigerettes im not giving up my diet coke

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes for fibrocystic breasts...
    I think it is a good idea to taper off.
    I went without yesterday and it was no fun. No headaches, just no spring in my step I feel (felt) with some coffee. *sigh*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry, I had to go off of it for endometriosis. Not fun, if your down or do get a headache a hershey's bar can give you a little pick-up too. You can comfortably be off in a bout week if you focus. Good luck with it!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Thanks Slinkee.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have taken caffeine out of my diet. Its a great idea to taper off so you won't get the jitters and headaches. You will go through withdraw but it wont be that bad. Unsweetened teas are good for you. 100% juice is good, water or flavored water.
    I did it to loose weight. I have become a fitness and health nut.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 1:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• "I have become a fitness and health nut."

Congratulations! .-)
    How does it feel different to be caffeine-free?
    Anonymous

• I gave up caffeine for both my pregnancies. With the first, I quit cold turkey and it was very unpleasant, but the pregnancy was unexpected, so I had to. With the second, I quit gradually before I got pregnant, and it was not so bad. I just replaced the coffee and soda with juice and water. Also, once I was pregnant, I could drink milk. It's mind over matter.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2010