i don't get it?

so i recently started an in-home daycare...and i only have one child..i don't get it..i've advertised on craigslist, the local cafemom group for my area, and the website for the city..and i still havent gotten anymore kids..i have one who is possibly starting in april, but the mom just got put on night shift only so who knows now..it kills me to have to think that i might have to go out and try and find a job..i don't trust daycares around here, they're all nasty and rundown, and aside from that, i hate leaving my dd..any suggestions? i cant do the paper, its a daily paper so it gets very pricey..i have flyers up too..ugghh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• sorry the papwr is one of the top ways to find kids. also if you are licensed you can call local dept of children and families and tell them, they can add your name to the list they use.honestly, I dont know if i saw a flyer for daycare if I would call it, tho i understand the cost, just seems cheap. and its hard right now, many families are making the choice to have one parent stay home because daycare costs more than the income brought in. :( good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You have to remember a lot of people are unemployed these days and in-home childcare is popping up all over the place.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Use your social networking sites to your advantage - both MySpace and Facebook have advertising sections now, and there's always Twitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Include pictures of your nice, bright, clean home in your ads for an edge?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• are you listed with your local child care resource and referral agency?

I work for one in Michigan... find yours at www.childcareaware.org

PM me if you have any questions
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You also might be interested in this free childcare forms, they are so cute! I wish I was still doing child care they are so cute lol

http://www.supportingproviders.com

If you decide that childcare is not oging to work for you this is a list of at home employers like American Airlines,UHual,1800CONTACTS etc..

Best of luck!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• put a flyer up in you local WIC office.
    Anonymous

• I would try to get people you know to refer people they know. Like you, other people don't trust people they don't know with their children, but having the recommendation from someone who does know you might help. I wouldn't send my kid to an in-home daycare that I found online or probably even in the paper. I would rather take her to someone who came recommended, or take her to a more official daycare center. I think once you get those initial kids to come in then the people their parents know, etc, will get your name out there and get you more kids. It's like you are a salesman, you just need to build up your client base. Maybe try your church if you have one, too. Good luck, I hope you find some kids soon.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Go to the place you got your license and ask them how to advertise. Sometimes they give referrals.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Do your library and grocery stores have bulletin boards? Is there a company in the area that is actually hiring. Tell HR there that you are available. They may have someone who needs your services. I like to have my baby near work so I can drop by.
    Anonymous