How old is the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?

There was a question about buying name brands for yourself/children....and a lot of moms don't buy themselves stuff very often (myself included) which got me thinking....about how we still wear stuff from so long ago...

I have a t-shirt that I got the summer after 4th grade (1994), that I STILL wear today! That is my oldest piece of clothing that I still wear. So...thats....almost 16 years old! That is more than half my life! I also have a lot of clothing that I had in high school. I would say probably 50% of my clothing is stuff I had before I was ever a step-parent or parent. The rest is mainly gifts and stuff I got when I was pregnant.

Just curious about everyone else.

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have clothes from high school that I still wear sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have a sweatshirt I wore in college.. about 12 years ago
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• still wear a soccer jersey even though the numbers are gone.had it since i was about 6 cuz my brother was 10 when he had it and i got it and wore it..i loved my bother,..plus i still have cheer shorts from 6th grade!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You can wear something you've had since the FOURTH grade?? lolol

I think the oldest thing I have is the dress and teeny bikini top set (bottoms haven been lost years ago) that I wore when I was about 4 yrs old

I still use the bikini top though, as a headband when I wash my hair. lol It was dark blue with yellow/white daisies on it.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My oldest shirt is also from 4th grade. I don't think it'll make it through this year. The added cup size from the pregnancy burst a few holes in the top... ;)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 11:59 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I don't think I could fit into anything I had in 4th grade. My all season jacket (I don't have a winter coat) is at least 12 years old. I have a pair of sweatpants that I've had for 14 years.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• The oldest pair of jeans I had was six years old. Hands down the best pair of pants I ever owned. Souly because they were pure cotton and not cotton/spandex like the jeans they sell today. Unfortunately the old and faithful eventually worn out and started to get holes. Which eventually lead me to not being able to wear them. I have never found a pair of jeans since that has lasted more then a year, before they wear out. It's truely, truely sad.

I have shirts in my closet that are 4-5 years old. Nothing that goes back to school or anything though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:17 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• A college sweatshirt from '02, and some shorts from around that time. They don't fit the same, but they work.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• A calvin klein jean jacket I bought for $16 when I was 19. I'm 43 now and still wear it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I have a few sweatshirts that are over ten years old. They are my favorites and comfy.
    tyra618

Answer by tyra618 at 8:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2010