anyone else had tubal ligation?

With tubal ligation , any adverse effect afterwards? just want to make sure I am not going to cause any more problems for my self. I am sure about the decision, just not sure about some after effects I have been reading about.. I am planning to have a c section and tubal together.

miss372

Asked by miss372 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had any problems with mine, its been almost 2 years
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 11:48 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Several of my friends who had tubals said their periods were much worse afterward. I asked my doctor about that and she said it's because most women are on the pill for such a long time that they forget what a regular period is like. I wasn't too sure about that answer, and my periods are bad enough so I decided to let hubby get snipped instead. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i had mine done right after my c-section, the problems i have had are sometimes clotty periods, irregular periods and sometimes last longer too.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I had mine done with my c-section. I haven't noticed any change whatsoever. It's been 4 1/2 years. My periods are the same and the healing to the c-section was fine. Go for it and good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I had mine done 8 years ago. The only issue I have is my PMS is sometimes really bad right before I am due to start. I have alot of cramps and the pain can go down my leg. I have figured that taking midol about 3 days before helps alot so it was back to my periods before the tubal. My period is lighter and lasts only 3 days now but very regular..
    So the only problem has been painful cramps that last the 1st 24 hours. I didn't take BC before the tubal...
    I don't know the recovery for a c-section and a tubal. I had my tubal right after my vaginal delivery.. It wasn't bad at all.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I had my tubes tied the day after my 5th vaginal birth, 3 years ago. I haven't had any real issues, the biggest thing is my periods aren't as regular - I go up to 6 weeks between when they used to be (before kids) exactly 4 weeks. Other than that I haven't had any problems. DH was more than willing to be snipped, but it came down to the money part of it - my insurance paid for it since I was in the hospital already, we would have had to pay the full amount ourselves for DH to be snipped. My recovery was kind of sucky, since I had a vaginal birth, but if you're having a c-section anyway you shouldn't notice it - one of me SILs had a tubal with her 2nd c-section and recovered better & faster than she did from her first c-section.
    Anonymous

• I just had mine done last thursday exactly a week ago. I can tell you the first few days are no picnic but for the most part all is well. Obviously long term I don't know yet but recovery isn't so bad. Just thought I throw that in as an fyi.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Glad you asked this... I'm nervous to think about doing it Josh says he will go but I'm not sure we will have the money!! :o(

I'm not planning a c~section since the other kiddos were vag. births so the idea of going thur a birth then being sliced on makes me insanely nervous :o(
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 8:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Hi sweetie, mine is 22 years old and never had a problem. Wishing the best for you love!

Answer by older at 12:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2010