Changed my Due Date...

I had an ulta sound tuesday and she changed my due date from july to the end of august but they did the same thing with my daughter and she still came in Oct. but i compared this ultrasound to my daughters second one and it looks similar like i should still stick with my july due date.. Any suggestions.. Plus my daughter was only 5lbs 3oz when I had her and 18inches i figure i just have small babies so thatswhy they measure small during ultrasounds?!

jazmya_mom

Asked by jazmya_mom at 11:50 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• unless you are a sonographer you dont know what you are looking at to compare. they dont just measure "size" like a picture, its alot of measurements and calculations. its not that big of a diff, and if you tend to go early prepare just in case.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i would definitely go with the later due date. it could be that your daughter came at 37 weeks, and maybe this one will too. but imo it's always better to go with the later date because that way you don't have to worry about someone trying to say you need to induce before your baby is developed. like say your "real" (whatever that means) due date is aug 31st but aug 15th someone starts saying "we need to talk about induction!" that would be nuts. so i'd go with the later date =) but expect baby anytime in august, or perhaps sept.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My Dr.'s office told me that I was having my baby on the first week of Sept, now they are saying the 26th of Aug, My nurse said something to me that makes sense, "Your baby will come naturally when its ready, so dont fret, let your baby decide its birthday: I thought it was kinda sweet and ever since, Ive gone with the original date. The Dr told me that the earliest ultra sounds are the most accurate because they are measuring an embryo, not a moving fetus. Good luck and Congrats on your little angel!
    Blueyz1981

Answer by Blueyz1981 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My doctor moved my due date to two weeks later from my ultrasound as well.

At first it made me really upset, because I didn't even want to think about being pregnant into the hottest parts of summer (which that two week difference does).

Anyway, I'm just planning for a large window of possible labor days. I'm packing for the early side, and I'm telling everyone the later due date because I don't even want to face the sort of comments and questions I would get if I went overdue on the later date while they all thought it was the earlier one...that just makes me shudder.

Meanwhile I also have a few select people in the know of the whole picture to be ready to watch my daughter for whenever this baby comes.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 12:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Answered at 11:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 by:
    * mogencreative
    ... I'm just planning for a large window of possible labor days. I'm packing for the early side, and I'm telling everyone the later due date...

i think that's really the best thing to do :) baby will come whenever he or she is ready no matter what and it's so hard to tell when that will be even w/out different due dates :)
    Anonymous

• well in my case its different because I have to have a c-section to have him
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 6:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2010