What do you want to know about abortion but were always afraid to ask?

I am finding more and more women who know little to nothing about abortion and it really scares me b/c I thought our society was educating women much better than they obviously are!

I want to remain anon so this is a TOTALLY open forum.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have never bothered to educate myself on the details because I have never considered it. I believe that women should have the choice, but I know I personally would not consider it an option (unless I was raped or it was medically necessary.) As far as all women being educated on exactly what an abortion is? I'm not sure that's really something we NEED to know.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I want to know what emotions and feelings and thoughts a woman goes through when she walks into the abortion clininc and lays down on the table. Alwys curious.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• this post in a pregnancy forum, really? disgusting. It's like saying hey I know u're pregnant but do you know there is an option to kill that baby? great
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• After you choosse to have an abortion there is always the possibility that you may NOT be able to concieve a child again...
    Anonymous

• Why don't we educate on birth control?
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 11:56 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Abortion increases the risk of placenta previa in later pregnancies.
    After an abortion, you are 8 to 20 times more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy.
    Women who have had two or more abortions have twice as many first trimester miscarriages in later pregnancies. There is a ten-fold increase in the number of second trimester miscarriages in pregnancies that follow a vaginal abortion.
    sooooo many risks.......
    Anonymous

• threeunder3, I had an abortion 9 years ago. It was the worst mistake of my life. I had lots of thoughts and emotions, but I really tried to block most of it out b/c I was convinced it was the "right thing" to do. I was told that it was an easy thing and I wouldn't really have any issues afterwards. I felt sad, alone, and scared... but I did nothing about it. I've had major issues surrounding that time in my life and now I spend my free time educating others and supporting other post-abortive women who are going through the same things.

awelling--- you're right. There should be MUCH more emphasis on bc education.

slinkee--- I think this is a good post, actually. There are tons of women who don't know the development of their child and are convinced it is nothing more than a mass of tissue at the time they go in to abort. I think it's critical to educate ALL people on sex, bc, abortion, adoption, etc.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Luvmylilmonkies, great answer. Thank you for that. Hubby's cousin had an abortion about a year ago at 16. She tells me somettimes how much she regrets it and she didn't know what was happening to her and the life inside of her. I feel terrible for her and she seems depressed about it. I think she feels about the same as you. I'm so sorry =[
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Most women who have abortions, who were properly informed, do not regret it.
    Anonymous

• those are not risks of abortion. you people dont get your information from the right place. go ask your doctor, or an abortion clinic what the risks of abortion are. dont get your information from a christian website again abortions.
    ive had two abortions and im perfectly fine. had a perfectly healthy pregnancy with a perfectly healthy baby. never had a miscarriage or anything. and i have quite a few friends whove had abortions and now have healthy babys.
    if you dont agree with abortion, and dont want one, thats fine thats your choice. everyones entitled to your own opinion. but then why dont you mind your own business and stop TRYING to make women feel like they are murderers.
    Luvmy - you obviously didnt really want to get an abortion. if your forced into it, im sure it can be a sad thing. for me, i thought it was the right thing, i knew it was the right thing, and i still know it was the right thing. it was sad while
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010