Fibro Moms

What is the toughest part of your Fibromyalgia?

What would you like to tell others about this disease?

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

• The toughest part of it, for me, is juggling my other medical problems along with Fibro and my hectic schedule. I hate taking all the meds I have to and gaining all the weight :(

I wish I could tell others exactly what it feels like. There really aren't many words to describe it so others can be more empathetic. I don't want sympathy, just understanding. I look like a normal 28 yr old mom... but I'm not.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 11:55 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• The hardest part is the the lack of focus and constant exhaustion... I have the drive to reach my dreams, but I just can't ever seem to focus and I'm always so tired which makes it hard to actually achieve anything...

The second hardest part is that no one understands that just because Fibro isn't life threatening it is still a HUGE deal! I work hard. I have a home business, two part time jobs, two small boys and I never miss a day of work. But when I need a break or need to go to bed because I have to get up tomorrow, no one seems to understand that I can't work 60+ hours a week on 4 hours of sleep a night... All I seem to hear is "well at least you aren't dying" or "maybe you should try a little harder." When it's not that easy...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I want people to know just that... Fibro IS real. Fibro IS "life threatening" it just won't kill ya. It does threaten you life or at least your chances of ever actually having one... Fibro changes and ruins lives... It affects everyone around you, your job, your kids, your spouse... The list keeps going. But it's also not an excuse NOT to fight for the life you want, Not to reach for your goals...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i am very sorry for what you are all going through. have you looked into alternative ways to cope with or to cure your fibromyalgia? has anyone tried extreme dietary changes, accupuncture or chiropractic?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have other medical problems besides Fibro, and I take about 16 pills per day. I also go to a massage therapist, chiropractor, and accupuncturist. I feel pretty good right now, but I've gained 50lbs in the past yr, which makes my body ache a lot more.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• my mom just told me about a woman she works with that after years and years of not being able to live her life the way she should (playing with her kids, having energy, being pain free) she ended up cutting out gluten and shed her weight and her pain and her medication. it makes me sad to think of how different her life could have been for 20 years, if only someone had suggested that to her sooner. i really can't imagine, and i am sorry for all of you, and i am glad that you are trying other things too :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010