What are you having for lunch?

I need some ideas of quick and easy kid friendly meals that I can make. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. My son is 1. He can chew almost anything, I just don't want to give him junk and he has already had every thing made by gerber graduates at least 5 times each.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I give my son leftovers from the night before's dinner.
    Last night it was Rice and Veggie Stirfry.
    For lunch yesterday he had red beans and rice and kilbasa.

I also have fed him ...

Peanut Butter Spread on half a tortilla. Fold the other half over and make a sandwich.
    Lunch Meat and Fruit.
    I take a can of soup .. Like Campbell's Hardy Chicken Noodle and bring it barely to a boil. Drain. And after it cools I give my son all the meat, veggies, and Noodles. He loves that. It's great, because there's soo many different kinds of soups out there.

I never gave my son the Gerber Toddler foods, because they're soo expensive. Plus, it's healthier and a lot cheaper to give him what I already have in my cabnits. Especially if it's a meal I already made.

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• grilled cheese on wheat

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Today my son had some cold left over cheese pizza, papaya chunks, pineapple tidbits, and some nutrigrain snack bar for dessert. I also give him lunchables on occasion, and chef boyardee has a full serving of vegetables in every serving. My DS loves the mini ravioli and meatballs, in particular. He loves a grilled cheese, with ham, or with turkey, and pretty much everything we eat, he eats. The meat, the fruit, the veggies, the breads, all of it.

Answer by matobe at 1:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Leftovers, sandwiches cut up in small peices, today we're being bad and having frozen pizza - but with apples too!