What are you having for lunch?

I need some ideas of quick and easy kid friendly meals that I can make. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. My son is 1. He can chew almost anything, I just don't want to give him junk and he has already had every thing made by gerber graduates at least 5 times each.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I give my son leftovers from the night before's dinner.
    Last night it was Rice and Veggie Stirfry.
    For lunch yesterday he had red beans and rice and kilbasa.

I also have fed him ...

Peanut Butter Spread on half a tortilla. Fold the other half over and make a sandwich.
    Lunch Meat and Fruit.
    I take a can of soup .. Like Campbell's Hardy Chicken Noodle and bring it barely to a boil. Drain. And after it cools I give my son all the meat, veggies, and Noodles. He loves that. It's great, because there's soo many different kinds of soups out there.

I never gave my son the Gerber Toddler foods, because they're soo expensive. Plus, it's healthier and a lot cheaper to give him what I already have in my cabnits. Especially if it's a meal I already made.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• grilled cheese on wheat
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Today my son had some cold left over cheese pizza, papaya chunks, pineapple tidbits, and some nutrigrain snack bar for dessert. I also give him lunchables on occasion, and chef boyardee has a full serving of vegetables in every serving. My DS loves the mini ravioli and meatballs, in particular. He loves a grilled cheese, with ham, or with turkey, and pretty much everything we eat, he eats. The meat, the fruit, the veggies, the breads, all of it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Leftovers, sandwiches cut up in small peices, today we're being bad and having frozen pizza - but with apples too!
    Anonymous