Public Displays of healing?

I've begun learning much more about christianity recently and I have many questions, but most of all I am curious about the pastors/preachers that "perform" healing during services. Do you believe that people are capable of this (through God) and if so do you think that every person who says they do it actually can? Is this some type of mind control that is being used to catapult those ppl to fame in the christian world? Is it right for us to believe that our pastor is higher ranked than us in God's eyes? ANY INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED from ALL sides of the spectrum.

momofkearra

Asked by momofkearra at 12:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The fact that pastors act as though they are the only ones who can heal is a LIE. I will tell you this: healing is one of the many spiritual gifts given to us when we are baptized through his son's name; and in my faith that is his [Hebrew name] that we are to be baptized in order to receive the spiritual gifts. The Messiah was and is Hebrew and not Greek, so the widely known Greek name for him is useless. But I know the Holy spirit works with you, if you feel called and believe in the authority in his son's name, allow Yahweh to lead you to all of HIS truths. Here is a site that may help you, it did me. As far as ministers doing healing as far as anointing with oil it is real. In fact I have just been healed by Yahweh that way last Sabbath [Saturday], I am suffering no longer!! Soon many will glorify Yahweh through his son's name [Yahshua], just like he commanded us to do in the NT. In Yahweh's time. continue..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I believe it to be a farce.
    Anonymous

• Do I believe that people can be healed by God- Yes
    Do I believe every one who claims this gift has it- No
    Do I think some people are con artist and use it for their own gain- Yes
    Do I believe that a pastor has a higher rank in the eyes of God- No
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• MaryJane: Do you have any suggestions on how I can explain or maybe open the eyes of someone that I know about how ppl will use this "power" to gain power and control over ppl? I do believe that it is possible for someone to heal others through God but I agree that many of the ones that stand up and do it as show in the church are not legitimate. I'm not looking to denounce my friend's church, beliefs, or pastor, but I do want him to be able to think about what is going on and whether or not it is being used correctly...
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• God is the one who heals.. a pastor or anyone who believes can be used by God. Jesus said these things and greater would we be able to do. Are there ppl who are fakes? yes. Does that mean true healing doesn't happen? No.
    Anonymous

• http://biblelight.net/false-prophets.htm

The above is a place that you can go to get scripture on false prophets, it is hard for me to tell you how to handle this situation unless I am able to see what is going on. Some times all you can do is tell some one and then leave it alone, some times only God can reach people in situations like these.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My cousin had an inoperable brain tumor that was killing him, so another cousin took him down to Florida to see a well-known faith healer shortly before the holidays. He was "cured", and the family newsletter that Christmas went on and on about how it was a miracle that the tumor and symptoms were gone. His doctors were amazed, etc, etc.

It wasn't gone. Symptoms returned soon after and he was dead within the year.

I think there' s a lot to mind over matter, where people going to these healings are convinced they are cured and feel better. But I believe most if not all of healers are performers, out to make big bucks off of people's beliefs.

If they want to prove they can truly heal, have them bring back an amputated limb.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• tent revival faith healers = TOTAL FRAUDS
    Anonymous

• http://www.yaiy.org/literature/literature.html Yahweh bless on you and your quest to truth and enlightenment!

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No one heals like that anymore. yes, miracles are performed, but only by God.. not by a preacher, etc touching someone and by the power of God healing them... faith healings, I believe, are a farce.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010