I only have 30 pounds more to lose

It seems like I've been dieting forever off and on since my second baby was born. He just turn 2 year old, so the fact I've not reached my goal weight is really pathetic. And I have NO excuses for it! Anyways, I've only got 30 pounds to go to reach my goal weight. If you have lost 30 pounds before, how long did it take you and what did you do to reach that goal? Right now I'm cutting down on calories, drinking lots of water with crystal light for flavor, and trying to cut out pop completely for atleast a month. And in the mornings I'd like to start taking walks after I take my oldest to school. Any other suggestions or tips would be helpful! I'd like to lose 30 pounds in 30 days, I knows thats in possible but I can dream lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• no cabrs, lots of protein, lots of waters, lots of cardio, lots of strength training
    look for drinks called enviga in your local target if you have one. www.engiva.com
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Hey girl, I wish I could say that I lost my baby weight by doing something positive but I ended up going to the bar alot and drinking... apparently the constant dancing and throwing up all the next day helped. It wasn't a good place for me to be so I quit drinking and was able to keep the weight i'd lost off, but I was still about 20 pds over what I wanted. I went to the gym and trained in MMA, jiu jitsu, boxing... It was a lot of fun. That helped a lot. Losing 30 lbs in a month is not a good idea no matter who you are. I think your idea of walking and drinking water is awesome, but you're going to have to step up your cardio in order to burn enough calories and walking won't do it for you. Try doing some ten minute workouts to boost your muscle and do a quick 20 minute cardio workout every other day to start out. You can have your kids do it with you. They have them on t.v. and ONDEMAND if you have it. GOOD LUCK!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i just started my diet lost 4 lbs last week. im trying to loose 30 lbs soo im see all the reponses. sorry i was no help
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You can work on eating chicken, fish, fruits and veggies, whole grain breads and brown rice once a day or less. My husband is a professional fighter (MMA and Boxing) so I've been around the guys cutting weight long enough to know what they do and what is right for your body and what you want to accomplish. Don't deplete yourself of nutrition in order to drop weight because you'll just gain it back when you start eating again! Work towards eating healthy and being healthy. You can do it girl! (I find taking a bike ride with the kids can be fun and works my legs good)
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Thirty pounds in thirty days is pretty tough, and probably not healthy, but you know that. I lost 32 pounds last year, in 3 months and I thought that was pretty quick. Keep your calories down...they say not lower than 1200 calories, really cut refined carbs....white flours, sugars, white pasta, white potatoes and white rice, etc., and you'll need to amp up your exercise a lot. You need to do some high calorie burning exercise. Be careful, and see your doctor to make sure you're okay to work out at a high intensity. Good luck, and if you don't lose the 30 pounds in 30 days, but you have lost weight, feel good about yourself, and just keep it up, whatever you lose means you weigh that much less than when you started, and that's always good.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• the last 2 posters had great info! your water intake should be 1/2 of your body weight in oz, and then more if you are working out. start the walks now!
    i would look at the ingredients of your food, and don't eat anything that you don't know what it is. crystal light may be better calorie wise than soda, but not better for your overall health...maybe. try to switch to just water. you can squeeze fresh lemon and or lime into your water.
    once you start walking, you can walk more, longer faster, jog a little, add squats and lunges to your walks...lots to do!
    congrats on your loss so far and good luck to your future loss!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Good for you!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• OP: Thanks for all the tips! They're all really great, and I plan on using some of them :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I lost 18 lbs with nutrtional cleansing and know others who lost a lot more. I have kept the weight off for more than 7 months now, Message me if you want more information on this.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:06 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I am on the Silhouette solution. I already lost 10lbs in 2.5 weeksMy friend lost 24lbs and she didn't exercise(she claims she is lazy). It is a diet that last 8 weeks and you eat 5 calibrated meals and one sensible meal. she went on to lose 35lbs total and she is no longer on the diet. It resets your set point. Let me know if you want more info.
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 1, 2010