Kind of a silly question? Children's clothing sizes, I'm a bit confused!!

Hi there, my son's turning 2 in June! I've got him in size 24 month clothing...and I've noticed that's the last size in the baby section. I guess It's on to the big boy clothing section after 24 months. What I want to know is, what is size T2...It's in the same size category that comes up, when I do a size chart search on google. Is there really a difference in the size T2 and 24 months...there doesn't appear to be! I have to go this evening and get some summer clothes for my son...just want to make the best choice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Some stores don't carry 2t, some don't carry 24 months, some stores there is a HUGE difference and some are very close in size. It really just depends on where you are shopping, I would suggest trying the clothes on him.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• 2T tend to be longer....I have 3 kids so ive seen ALOT of 2T clothing...
    Kahlc85

Answer by Kahlc85 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• well, my son is tiny and I think what I noticed for him is that 2t does seem bigger still than 24 months.. like a bit on the waist and length so yeah, there is a difference, its just not a WHOLE size difference, you know? he's got such a tiny waist and unless I get him adjustable waist jeans in 2t, they fall off... but 24 month sweats will fit his waist.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• 2T and 24 mos are exactly the same. I had to ask that myself. I also have a 2year old boy. Beware of Gerber though. I find that all their stuff runs a size small, putting my son into 3T in just their brand. :)
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 12:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• GREAT..that helps! I'm thinking tops are ok 2t and he's best in 24 months for bottoms..he has short legs and a small waist.
    Anonymous

• I don't even look at sizes anymore. My daughter is two and is 18 months in some stuff, 3T in another, 24 months in another. It doesn't seem to matter. You are right though 24 months and 2T are the same but somone told me that 2T has less room in the butt for a diaper. How true that is I don't know.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2010