my blender broke and im buying a new one!

help me out by telling me about your belnder! where u got it from why u like it! how much u spent!
my last blender was like a 20 dollar thing and im thinking of really investing into one!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 12:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I just saw a Good Eats episode with Alton Brown where he went over all the things you should look for in a blender, let me see if I can find it...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Sorry, I just went on the food network site and couldn't find it, but it was from the episode Live and Let Diet.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:59 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'm on my third blender. My first one was some cheapy thing from Target that had high and low switch and that was it. I ended up knocking the pitcher over and breaking it. I found a new one would be less expensive. The next one I had was a Food Network brand, but the bottom broke from using it too much. I now have a Cuisinart and it has given me no problems. It can crush frozen fruit for smoothies pretty fast and that's what I use my blender for anyway.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have 2. One's a higher-end, more expensive one with a crapton of settings, glass pitcher, yadda yadda yadda. It's okay. I like it for making coffee smoothies (ice, instant coffee mix, milk). Not for fruit smoothies. I've had it 6 or 7 years.

My other one is a $20 smoothie blender from Wal-Mart - it has 4 settings, the pitcher is plastic, it has an optional dispenser spout for dispensing your drinks. I LOVE it! It's so much better than my expensive one! Smoothies are a breeze and a dream (frozen fruit, ice, juice, raw veggies).

I'll use the cheap plastic one over the expensive glass one any day. I've tried both for pureeing soups, crushing graham crackers or like things for whatever (don't have a food processor), and the cheap one beats the expensive one hands down for everything. I've had the cheap one for 2 years and we use it anywhere from once a week to twice a day and it's still working just as good now as new.
    Anonymous