Why is sex illegal if there's money involved?

Why can't the loser down the street pay for sex when he can't get it for free? Why does the government give a shit if someone pays for sex or not? Why isn't the right to get laid, no matter how you go about it, a private matter? I think it should be. That's just me though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Money would be my guess. Hard to track income and make prostitutes pay taxes. Also women and girls would be a lot more exploited by some men in their lives by pimping them out and taking the money.
    Anonymous

• because they wouldn't pay taxes!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 12:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Because it can't be taxed. Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

• because they cant tax it and also to prevent the spread of STD's and AIDS.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:46 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• they cant tax it... and im sure lots of women would do it... prob easy fast cash....im not sure because porn stars are getting paid to have sex in front of a camera but you cant have sex without a camera and get paid
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Basically the goverment cares if someone pays for sex because they can't tax it. If it was taxable than they wouldn't care. And they can't tax it because the religious groups would have a meltdown if they decided to make it a legitimate profession. My opinion is that sex is something sacred to be shared with the one you truly love, however I haven't always felt that way. I understand that some ppl consider sex an act that gets them off and feels good and that is all it is to them. If they want to pay someone for it that is their own business and as long as they are respectful of the person who is giving them sex then I don't see anything wrong with it. If however there is a pimp involved, drug addiction, or any other control over the person who is prostituting than it isn't okay and that person needs to seek help. But that is the case in any part of life as well.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yeah well neither can hiring illegal immigrants to work but you don't see the government busting people for that.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• anything under the table is illigal, because they aren't being taxed.
    Anonymous

• My opinion is that sex is something sacred to be shared with the one you truly love,

No that's making love or making babies.

Sex is just plain sex. It's for people who are HORNEY, not in love.
    Anonymous

• I see nothing wrong it as long as everyone involved is consenting adult and its safe I say let them do it but the other moms are right. The government just hates on them because they cant get a hold of some of their money. They are greedy and obviously want to be their pimps too.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010