How long does it really take

I applied for medicaid 2 weeks ago. I still havent gotten anything saying that I have it. I am 12 weeks pregnant and have yet to see someone. I did end up going to the er at 7 weeks and found out I was 9 weeks instead. How long does it really take to process an application is there anywhere I can go to get care until the process my application.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what state you live in, but here in KY any woman who is pregnant is automatically eligible for medicaid, I went to the health dept and got a paper stating that I had it that day and I got my card in the mail about 2 weeks later. Maybe you should go and talk to people at your health dept.
    Anonymous

• You should be able to receive care at the health department for free until you are approved. In NC, they have 30 days to process your application.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• well on their website it says you need to fill out an application 3 months prior
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 1:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It can take a while, especially depending on your state. But, most states, if not all, will go back and pay your last 3 months of unpaid medical bills, so if you know you're going to be approved, call your provider, make an appointment and tell them you've applied and are waiting - most offices will hold the bill til you bring in your card then, and it'll be paid. You can also call your caseworker and ask what the best thing to do would be - where to go.
    Anonymous

• once approved, the care should be retroactive...it should cover all maternity care since the conception date. i can understand not wanting to go in until you knew for sure that you were approved. you can call and see if they need any more information.
    Anonymous

• I went to the doctor the same day I applied. They gave me a temp medicaid print out and I found a doctor that accepted medicaid and made an appointment for that day. Good Luck!!
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I have already called everywhere and no one will see me
    Anonymous