If you have no money why do you have internet?

why are moms on here always complaining they have NO money, they are overdrawn, they want people to help them and have a computer and online bill that are not a necessity?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• thats exactly what i say... i dont understand that they are completly broke but they have internet, cable and cell phones
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Because you and I are paying for their food so they can afford internet :(
    Anonymous

• Who says everyone was online at home? I am at work. Some people are at the library. Some already the computer and are using free wifi. Why is it your business? I now have internet at home because my son is about to enter 9th grade and his teachers just assume everyone has a computer and internet at home. Or a mom that is home to take them to the library. So, it is a neccessity.
    Anonymous

• Well, because for many of us the Internet IS a necessity. Just as much so as a phone. And in fact there are many that have phone services like Vonage or MagicJack that require the internet. And there are those of us that use the internet for their income source. Anyone with a home based job, business or that use things such as GPTs to earn money need the internet for income. It's the cost of work - like work clothes or a parking pass...

You also have to understand that many people who are on Cafemom use the internet at their friends, family or even their local library... I have a friend that takes her kids to the park every day so she can use the internet because the McDonalds next door has Wi-Fi... Just because someone is on here doesn't mean they are paying for internet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Because there are some internet services that are free and you can get hand me down computers from family members. :)
    Anonymous

• or maybe they just go off someone elses internet that lives around them and just uses the wireless internet
    Anonymous

• OP it is my business because all the mothers on here begging for stuff for their children need to prioritize and take care of their own kids and stop buying things they don't need, I have to read it day after day
    Anonymous

• A friend of mine got a free computer and service from their public school.
    Anonymous

• Why do you care? If everyone would spend half as much time worrying about what someone else was doing and focus on their own issues we'd all have a lot less to worry about. Have compassion much? My dd is in 2nd grade. They have had three projects due since Christmas that reqired online access.
    Anonymous

• We have a computer because the business bought it, it's a major necessity for DH's line of work. We have internet because we live right by my ILs, and they have wireless, and the signal is strong enough to reach our house. Having it is also a business necessity - half of DH's work is on the computer/internet. We are/were not out a single penny for either of these. I get personal time on the computer when DH doesn't need it. If it weren't for our business we wouldn't have a computer.
    Anonymous