Just not 'feeling' pregnant...

I'm 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant - SO exciting for hubby and myself and our almost 3 year old son. I don't have my first appointment for the Dr until April 9th... still almost 3 weeks away!

My trouble (or blessing) is this... I don't 'feel' pregnant! I had a miscarriage 7 years ago and it BROKE MY HEART! But the pregnancy with our son was great. I was sick the entire time, had a little spotting and the Dr took me off work a couple times.

This time, I'm not having any sickness, no nausea, no heartburn (ok, just a LITTLE), no cramping... NOTHING. The only things I am experiencing is that my pants don't fit (yes, it appears I'm showing already) and I'm tired. But smells don't bother me as they did with my son, nothing.

I haven't had any spotting or bad cramping... and no period since Feb 14th... But I can't help but be nervous!

Is anyone else going through this or has gone through it??

RutterMama

Asked by RutterMama at 1:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different. Some are a breeze and some are hard. My first - I had ZERO normal symptoms, just a growing belly and a kicking baby and radiant skin. My second...well... that boy wore me out! GL momma :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It happened with me this time. The only thing is I have HORRIBLE heartburn but that didn't start til later... Once you feel the baby move it will become more real.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• This is my second and I'm 11 weeks right now. I didn't get nauseated or anything until about 6 weeks. With my son it was right away. Now at 11 weeks I feel great. Last time, I felt horrible until about 18 weeks. Every pregnancy is different! Just try to relax and enjoy the time that you're feeling well!
    Anonymous

• I never had nausea or felt pregnant until I felt my baby move at 18 weeks. Both my pregnancies were like that and had no health issues and delivered 2 healthy babies.
    Anonymous

• with my dd i didn't feel a thing. with ds i puked for 6 months lol. i kept forgetting i was preggo with dd. dh and i'd go out to eat and i'd order a drink and it wasn't until he'd look at me like i was insane that i'd remember "oh yeah, i'm pregnant" lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes, with my daughter I had NO symptoms at all other than hunger and some gas in the very beginning> I think I was nauseous maybe once and that's it. Some people really do have no symptoms the entire time, I didn't. That whole thing about how being sick means the baby is healthy is an old wives tale. It has nothing to do with your baby or pregnany. Congratulations!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes!! I feel the EXACT SAME!! Except, I'm 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant ;) haha! Congrats to you due date friend! I'm guessing you're due the 19th since I'm November 20th? Anyway, I feel the same as you. I don't feel preggo at all! I'm not that worried, but it still doesn't feel real, and I don't think it will until I hear the heartbeat or something! My first appointment isn't until April 13th though. Lucky you! Good luck with your pregnancy :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 8:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2010