Who has let themselves 'go' since becoming a mom?

That brand name question got me thinking about moms who always use their kids as an excuse for why they look disheveled and generally unkempt. (not that you have to wear brand name to be cute, I don't think that at all). I personally wanted to look more stylish after having a kid b/c I don't want to be a frumpy mom!! Sure, babies are messy, but pretty much after the first 3 mos. you learn how not to get your clothes covered in gunk so it's not really a great excuse. Anyone else feel that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I went down hill after I was diagnosed with kidney disease, in body that is... but I do like to still look nice.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Meh. Sometimes I try (like if I'm going somewhere), sometimes I don't. I fully accepted once I had a kid that it was not about me anymore.
    Anonymous

• im still a hot mama
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Let's flip it around and ask how many of our husbands have let themselves go once they got married and had kids. Why do we have to be a fashion beacon when they are just as guilty?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• OP--Of course men can also let themsleves go, too!!!
    Anonymous

• Me. I simply so not have the time or the energy to spend and hour and a half each day getting myself ready. I would have to get up at 3:30 am to do it. I am clean, made up and dressed .........that is it
    Anonymous

• I did since I was dealing with a husband who never helped and made me feel put down a LOT!!! Now that the husband is gone, I have started working out again, tanning once in awhile, dressing better, and actually doing my hair. SO, I don't think it had anything to do with having a baby but having 2 only 1 was an adult and didn't act like it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i must admit, now i am pregnant with #5, and i don't care much about how i look now. i usually have a ponytail. i don't go anywhere now, i have stepped out on the front porch in my jammies to watch my son get on the bus :)
    i have a hard time caring about how i present myself when i am not fitting well into clothes. i will care more when the baby weight starts coming off.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No, If your kids are under three I feel like you have a pass on your looks. When they're little they're really needy and to be honest I don't have the time to do my hair and makeup with a 1 1/2 year old. Once they're a little older and can entertain themselves for a while then I don't think looking like you just rolled out of bed is acceptable.
    Anonymous

• I used to get up and spend 2 hrs to get ready... now I don't have that time everyday, but I know I'm still attractive, when I go out I'm super fine lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010