It sounds like you are trying to save your own butt...

whenever I hear people "proclaim" that they share gods word with others, b/c the bible tells you to do this...I can't help but think that it's really about saving your own behind. If it truly were about "concern" for others, you wouldn't need the bible to tell you to do this. But the reality seems to be, you don't want to go against the bible, which would be going against God, and if you go against God YOU go to his hell.
So, which is it, concern for others going to hell, or your own self going to hell b/c you went against your God by not "sharing"?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe my eternity is based on if I share the gospel or not. But I believe we are supposed to do it. Honestly though, sometimes I don't want to. I look around, like here on cafemom, and think "I don't want to spend eternity with THESE people!"
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Hmm, I don't agree. Some people are genuinely overcome with the happiness/peace/whatever that they get from their religion that they have to share it!
    That doesn't apply only to religions, either. I always share anything that changed my life with my friends. I don't, however, tell them their life is going to suck without it.
    Anonymous

• " always share anything that changed my life with my friends. I don't, however, tell them their life is going to suck without it. "

THats the diference though; sharing good things with others b/c you are happy is different than trying to convince someone they NEED to experience it as well...or else they will be miserable for the rest of their lives.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• There are small percentage that really believe that more people "they save" the greater their reward in heaven will be. Side note I put they save in quotations because I believe that another person can't save you only God has that privilege.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Motive is the hardest thing to prove for anyone. I'm sure there are those that preach simply out of fear, just as there are those that believe simply out of fear...

But there are also those who are doing what they do simply out of the love of doing it. People who are in it for the right reasons...

If someone feels they are being "put out" or have to "Go out of their way" to preach, then they need to reassess... and if they truly enjoy and love what they do, I say go for it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Why wouldn't we care if you go to Hell? The Bible tells us to preach the Gospel which is good news that you don't have to go to Hell. What you don't realise is that the moment a person "gets saved" they turn from their sin accept Jesus as their Savior and trust in Him and only Him for Salvation .There is no need 4 u to do anything else in order to "escape Hell". It's not Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ get baptised do good works never ever sin again and tell everybody to do the same. It's plainly believe on the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved. When you get saved The Holy Spirit comes in you and you no longer desire your sin (your old way of life in sin)
    cont
    Anonymous

• you desire the things of the Spirit (It's truly a spiritual awakening your eyes are no longer blinded by sin and you desire to have a relationship with God and you desire to what He wants for us i.e be baptised, preach the Gospel, help others, have fellowship with other believers Study His word and pray to strengthen your relationship with Him grow in wisdom and truth etc.
    Anonymous

• You can't earn salvation period. God's standard is perfection but He knows that we can't be perfect. You can't work your way into His Grace no matter what you do you fall short of His Glory. It is impossible not to SIN i.e. murder, lie,steal, commit adultery. I know those sound extreme but they are a few of the 10 commandments God looks at it like this, if you have ever hated someone you have commited murder in your heart. if you lie (even a little white lie) you are a lier. If you have ever stolen anything (even something small like a pen or candy you are theif) if you even look with lust you have commited adultery in your heart. No sin is too big or too little God hates sin no matter what because sin separates us from Him He can't stand it.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Sabrina.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure you can see that even you are guilty of atleast 1 or 2 of them we all are. The punishment for sin is death Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: We all sin therefore we all die physically but after that we have judgement. The judgement for all unbelievers who die in their sin is the second death
    Revelation 21:8But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Anonymous