I got a "mom" haircut

I have always had long, full, always styled hair.... everyone always loved my hair as did I .... but I relaized that the usual 45 mintues it took to fix it, was just getting too hard, especially with kids ..... So last night I got it all chopped off...like up to my chin ( honestly its a hairstyle Ive only seen on women in their 30s & 40s) and when I woke up today...it was already fixed lol.... I love it ....

Has anyone else got a "mom" haircut ( or do you even call it that lol)

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I won't ever chop my hair off...I want to be the hot mom lol
    Anonymous

• I'll bet it is cute - I want to see a pic! I have a terrible haircut right now, complete with mullet-y sides and Goth Bangs. I went for a cheap haircut and it def shows!!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I didn't get a mom haircut but I have definitely developed a "mom bum"...I'm not even 30 yet and I have a mom-bum. *sigh*. Lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yes. I don't think most 'long hair' is actually hot. Most have long hair that is very damaged and dull and to me, it is a very young look. With my long hair I looked 15! I got a bob and I love it. It is so stylish. A man at my work told me it was a 'milf haircut' and my MIL who is very critical said it looks very stylish and young. I don't think I look frumpy at all!
    Anonymous

• my hair used to be passed my shoulders but I have been keeping it short. I donated it to locks of love which was even cooler since I helped a child out, and it saved me some money hahaha. It is an angled bob. my hair was so damaged and always up, so i figured why not just start over. my hair is now healthy, bouncy and so much easier to manage! but I would like to grow it out for locks of love again
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• lol to the first poster...I was afraid I would feel that way...like not sexy anymore... but I have to tell ya, right after i got it done ( and as soon as the kids were in bed) my husabnd took me down pretty good lol....and he couldnt keep his hands off of my hair lol ( before he use to actually get his fingers stuck in it lol)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i meant to write "passed the middle of my back" lol big difference
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i keep my hair cut to my sholders now. used to be really long. just takes too long to dry when it is that long. you have to practical. kids will grow up and not need so much time later on. you also begin to see what really matters in life as a mom and it certainly isnt your hair.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My boys are almost four, and I still have long hair. I had it cut to about my shoulder blades when they were two, and it was awful. I hated it. My hair is pretty healthy, and shiny as long as it can be maintained. I will keep my hair long, until my long hair isn't pretty anymore.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I would love to cut my hair short like you describe. I did it once about 10 years ago, it was very sexy. However, I have naturally curly hair, so that hair cut took a lot of maintenance during the humid months. My longer hair that I have right now is actually easier to maintain in the humid weather. The length helps weigh down some of the curl.
    Anonymous