help me write this letter cause i am bad at writting --current events in my life lol

I have a hard hold on my bank account due to a returned deposited item that i wrote from another bank because i did NOT realize that the account i wrote the check off of was closed. The acc that i wrote the check off of was charged off but, IT WAS NOT AUTHORIZED transactions that caused my account to go overdrawn i have filed a fraud claim but wells fargo will not realese the hold until they recive something from chase stating that it was an ERROR that this happened and I am worried that they I need to send a letter stating that this was an honest mistake and that i did not realize i had fraud on that account because it was an account that i used like a savings account. I left money in there and purposley tried to forget about it so that i had it in case of an emergancy. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ladies HELP ME!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're asking. Please clarify and I'll try to help.
    Anonymous

• I need to write a letter to wells fargo bank. a check i depostied into my wells fargo account that was written from my chase account was returned because the account was closed. There was fraud on my chase account that i was unaware of and so i filled a fraud claim with them. I need to write a letter explaining to wells fargo that i was not trying to float checks that it was an honest mistake. does that help at all?
    Anonymous

• Write just what you wrote in your response there. BETTER? GO to the bank. Talk to a banker. Trust me...it will be resolved far more quickly if you do so.

Bring documentation about the fraud and the closure of the bank account.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• this is what i have written what do you think?
    To Whom It May Concern:
    I am writing this letter to explain the situation that has taken place with my account in hopes that you will remove the hard hold on my account. I have had 3 bank accounts in my life. I started with On Point community credit union when I was just a teenager. I then started an account with Chase bank. Back in the beginning of February I kept noticing that whenever I deposited a check into Wells Fargo that was off of my On Point account they kept getting returned. It took a while before we figured out that there was fraud taking place on that account and as soon as I realized it I shredded all of my checks, debit card and statements from On Point.
    Anonymous

• I then contacted Wells Fargo to see if they needed any information from me regarding this situation and I was told that since the fraud did not take place ON the Wells Fargo account they did not need any information from me. I just found out yesterday that the fraud that was happening on my on point account has also been happening on my Chase account and I was NOT aware of that. I have filled a police report which I am including along with a letter from Chase bank. I hope that you can see that I had no intent to do anything wrong on my Wells Fargo account. With the fraud claims I have filled with chexsystems, on point, and chase I am concerned about trying to open a new account with a different bank. I am begging you PLEASE remove the hard hold from my account as this issue will NEVER happen again. After dealing with this last night and this morning I don’t think I am EVER going to deposit a check into my account again.
    Anonymous

• . I will only allow my electronic deposit and cash deposits to go through because I cannot handle this stress. I really appreciate you talking the time to look this over. I also wanted to add that I made a payment to PG&E that is now going to be rejected and if that happens my electricity will be shut off and with not having the ability to access any funds in my account I cannot make the payment another way. I do understand that I should have been better about checking my other accounts but once I switched to Wells Fargo I felt like I had such a great bank that I didn’t need to use the other accounts anymore and I know how stupid it sounds in today’s world but I thought I was carful enough with my information that I didn’t need to worry about fraud. I will never make that mistake again. Again thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Sincerely,
    Anonymous

• and btw i talked to a banker they can not do anything i have to deal with the people at loss prevention.
    Anonymous

• You have to look at it from the bank's perspective. A closed account, with fraud notations was used by you. They see a customer "kiting" checks, which is a felony. You can't blame them for the hold.

If you had an account with a fraud problem you should have immediately destroyed the checks. Honestly, I am having problems with you not knowing it was the Chase acct. The name of the bank is on the check. There is the additional problem of having used paper checks in this electronic age.

If it is truly the bank's fault then you have my sympathy and my best wishes. Good luck dealing with a big bank that pushes the problem somewhere else. This is one reason I love small banks. You don't get pawned off and pawned around, you get problems dealt with.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I used to work for a bank, go into the office and bring your letter and your documentation, otherwise, they are going to screw your credit and it will be a long time before they agree to take it off. Unless, you really did do these things and you are just trying to make it seem as if you didn't....
    Anonymous

• I didn't know about the fraud problems i hadn't looked at the account in months. and there should be a resonable expection that if 3 months ago i had 100.00 in that account that it would still be there 3 months later. I tried going into a branch they said loss prevation are the only ones who could remove the hold and that i had to talk to them and only them. and as for using checks in this "electronic age" I don't like having 10 different cards that i keep with me at all time so i have my 1 debit card that i use for everything and if i need to transfer funds from one account to another then i write myself a check....maybe part of this is my fault for not looking at an account i hadn't used for 3 months before writting a check off off it but i am going to say it again I deposited 100.00 3 months ago i should be able to have reasonable belief that those funds were still in there.
    Anonymous