This needs to stop, on both sides!

BREAKING: Bullet Shot Through Window of Eric Cantor’s Office

GOP minority whip Eric Cantor has confirmed that someone shot a bullet through his office window last night. Cantor also said he’s received threatening messages but refused to disclose them publicly.

Then, he improbably went on to accuse Democratic lawmakers of stoking violence by denouncing the threats of violence against them, according to CNN.

He also accused Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine and Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland – a member of the Democratic House leadership – of “fanning the flames” of violence by using threats that have been made against Democratic members “as political weapons.”

Link in reply below. Sorry if it's been posted before. I don't have time to search the site to make sure.
“Enough is enough,” Cantor said. “It has to stop.”

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 1:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• FULL STORY HERE

The violence from either side needs to stop. I think that anyone doing this should be in big trouble. Dems and Reps need to get a message out to people to knock it off.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It's beyond that now. The people who attacked the Dems did it of their own accord, they didn't do it because some Republican congressmen told them to. The same is true fro whoever shot at Cantor - they didn't get mind control messages from Pelosi. Floodgate is open, you can't close it again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I know they did it of their own will. I meant that members of congress should maybe come out and tell people not to do this stuff. Not to follow anyone encouraging this behaviour.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Kind of reminiscent of the turmoil of the 60's, isn't it? Sorry, but times of peace within our own borders are gone...
    Anonymous

• I meant that members of congress should maybe come out and tell people not to do this stuff

They have been - my point is the people who are doing this don't care what the members of congress have to say - they're beyond caring.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• What did they think was going to happen when they try to take away peoples freedoms and make laws that they will put you in jail for not buying HC. You step on a rattlesnake he will turn around and bite you.

I'm not promoting violence but that is what happens. People can only be pushed so far.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It's just disgusting... And yes, from BOTH sides. I don't understand what these people are trying to accomplish. Violence is NEVER the answer...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• They have been - my point is the people who are doing this don't care what the members of congress have to say - they're beyond caring.

Where ?? I missed it. Can you give me an example of how they have asked them to act civil and without violence?
    Anonymous

• What did they think was going to happen when they try to take away peoples freedoms and make laws that they will put you in jail for not buying HC. You step on a rattlesnake he will turn around and bite you. I'm not promoting violence but that is what happens. People can only be pushed so far.

Really? Well it sounds like you are condoning it.

Anonymous

• You missed it?

Google John Boehner since you've obviously been living on a rock. His statements have been on every news channel and news broadcast since he made them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010