Postcards, business cards, flyers and other drop materials...

If you use these forms of advertising, where do YOU leave them and where do you seem to get the best response?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I get mine from Vista but I sell on Ebay and just add them to my packages. I do give my husband some to pass out at work.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i put flyers at the local shipping store and tanning locations and such.. and even most county annexes have a job posting or sales posting somewhere at the location to post business info and such..postcards are good for family and friends and any past customers.
    Anonymous

• Depends on who you want to target of course. In my line of work (childcare) I target the library, local college, swimming pool. I also leave business cards with current parents, my child's teacher, hair stylist. Even the little corner convenience store in the chance that a family new to the area wanders in and asks about sitters. :)
    Anonymous

• I also get such things from Vistaprint. Postcards if I don't canvass a neighborhood with them I pick specific streets and use the reverse lookup on whitepages.com OR I buy a list of Names/Addresses from InfoUSA (you can get 1,000+ addresses for as little as $100) We have a carpet cleaning business and we leave the "rack cards" from vista print we buy in cler brochure holders at carpet stores. And we clean the carpets and floors of those stores for free twice a year as a thank you for letting us leave them their.

We do the same for other businesses like day care centers, doctor offices, lawyer offices, car dealers....anyone willing to allow us to keep our material on their counter we will clean their offices for a reduced rate or free.

But biz card do well on any cork boards you find in stores, restaurants, libraries, etc. etc. laundrymats and beauty salons are another good place.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I found most of those methods to be useless, you need to attract people!

Get their attention!

Any offline methods I use always involve dollar bill cards.  They work hard for you, simply cause when someone finds its an ad inside they throw it on the ground and leave it for your next prospect. Great resulta for your money.

To order and design yours click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I put up my brochure at a couple of neighborhood businesses, but most of my business is through networking or referrals.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• All I have to say is that that crap just Pi$$es me off and goes straight into the trash. Waste of paper. If I wanted your services I would look you up. Have a good well thought out web-site and a good phone book page. If I want I dunno tree removal. I'm not going to pick it based on what flyer was put under my windshield wiper or maild to the current resident. I will look up tree removal in my area and call the place I get the best info from online. If one site sucks but the other three are good the one that sucks is gonna miss out. I wanna know what I am getting before I call. Why? Because with the web, I can.
    Anonymous

• I hand out business cards and put them on bullentin boards and that seems to get my best returns. Postcards did not do well nor did flyers left under windowshields.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010