I don't care to hear what the extremist have to say about drinking milk I just want some advice.

I love milk always have always will. I debated asking this because I know how some on here get when someone drinks milk, but I really would like to know.

I am 13 weeks with number 3 and I have never had an issue with milk before EVER. I was ok also the 1st 12 weeks but this week everytime I drink even a small amount of milk I get painful gas and the runs.
Is it possible to be intolerant to it from being pregnant?
I am just wondering because like I said I have never had a problem before. I have only drank it twice this week and yes it was the milk that did it to me.
Thanks in advance ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh, yes. I became completely lactose intolerant while pregnant. It went away after delivery.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You can become lactose intollerant at any time during your life. You may be lactose intollerant for the rest of your life. I hope you are able to eat small amounts of milk products. It sucks to not be able to eat pizza, ice cream, pudding, cheese, yogurt, ect. Some people can take lactase and it will work, some can't. It gets expensive quick to have to buy it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Oh no it is just milk. Not cheese or anything else.
    Just the milk.
    Anonymous

• Well duh anon I was just wondering geeze!
    Anonymous

• you should always go with your gut when it comes to reactions like that. there is nothing extreme about cutting out what makes you sick :)
    you can get your calcium from dark leafy greens and other green veggies (calcium from veggies is more bioavailable than calcium from dairy anyhow...not extreme, just true!). spring is in the air, so you can get your vit d from the sun.
    good luck with your pregnancy :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• lactose intolerance has been an issue with me for my whole life. Skip it . You'll feel better and baby will too.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I just was wondering hopeing that I wasn't nuts LOL, I hope it does go away. I LOVE milk! LOL
    Anonymous