Bankruptcy

Anyone know how the courts decide how much of your taxes they are going to take due to bankruptcy. We didn't have any property or anything, so they said we had to give some of our taxes. Curious as to of how much of the 9000 (give or take) that we are going to get....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You get $9,000 back on your taxes! I would think that they would take it all, as they should. When my mother filed bankrupcy after my father died of cancer without insurance all she could keep was her condo and old, paid for car. No money.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• They'll probably take it all... and they should.
    Anonymous

• And i'm gonna go ahead and take a stab at this... You're married, have three or more children, and combined you and your husband made around 14,000. right? As a tax preparer, I saw SEVERAL people getting back this much money this year, and it's bullshit.
    Anonymous

• We went through bankruptcy a few years ago. I remember they did keep some of tax return but not all of it. It is calculated into your earnings when you are filing, depending on if they went off of the gross or net income, so ignore the previous posters.
    Good luck!
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 2:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

LMAO anon, I have ONE child and DH works and makes 40,000 a year and we got back 6,000
    So take your ASSumptions some where eles!
    Oh I am NOT OP
    Anonymous

• I have two children and yes between 2 jobs we made between 15000 and 18000. What do you care what I got back. I asked a simple question and ppl just wanna be asses about it, if you can't answer, save my time. Sick of reading answer of nothing but nasty ppl....

BTW thank you anon :55 for standin up to some cranky ppl
    Anonymous

• Thanks Mawfia...Hoping to get something back, need to get a car, and hopefully get out of the inlaws house!!
    Anonymous

• NP OP, Some people just crack me up on here.
    Anonymous

• Not about the OQ but, we HAVE five kids only filed on three and according to the W2s we made 19000, most of the income was non taxable combat pay (10k) and we got 9200 back on our taxes. I know nothing about bankruptcy but, I just wanted to put my 2 cents in there for the "tax preparer." It is against the law not to file taxes so, government is FORCING people to get tax refunds. Don't like it? Call your state rep!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We have 3 kids, I'm a full time college student, my husbands in the National Guard, and we made about $24,000 last year and between state and Federal, we pocketed $10,000. Goes to show the "tax preparer" that your not always on the ball.
    Anonymous