Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to help regulate my hormones?

I am a 19 year old stay at home mom to a beautiful 7 month old baby boy. I love my husband of 2 years very much and I love our son. Since being pregnant I have had terrible mood swings, anything from being so happy/excited that I can't sit still or stop talking to absolute hatred of what my life has become to such depression that all I want to do is lay in been crying my eyes out. I don't know what I am going through, but I need some help. Please if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

Answers (5)
  • This sounds like a mental health issue not hormones. Make an appointment to be evaluated at a mental health facility. What you describe sounds like bipolar disorder. It a a treatable condition. Without treatment you may be a risk to yourself or others.

    Answer by Gailll at 3:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • Believe it or not, but check your diet. eating tons of processed food will do it. Since I've been eating clean, I'm not moody at all, have more energy and am more clear headed.

    Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • i agree with nwdeser...a clean diet will do wonders for everyone!
    watch out for the pill and/or hormonal therapies....there is a very strong link b/t hormonal therapies and breast cancer.

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • This also could be post-partum depression. It can take up to a year for that to rear it's head. Please make an appointment with your OBGYN or family practicioner and tell them. They will not judge you, and they can help!

    Answer by musichollie at 9:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

  • I have been through this.Go to the doctor and ask about getting blood work done,it could be your thyroid.You would be surprised to see how much our thyroid can affect us.Since I have been taking the medicine and get regular blood work done,they finally have it leveled now.I have been back to normal.You will see,and you will be ok,just see a doctor and ask.Hope you feel better soon,Mary

    Answer by MaryScent2008 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.