my baby is turning 13!

my son will be 13 on april 7th! i dont know what to do for him???? we are low in funds because my bubby lost him job 3 wks ago! can you help me with some ideas on what to do please!

gonzalez3

Asked by gonzalez3 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• How about letting him have 3 or 4 friends over for the night. Feed them cheap hotdogs, cheap popcorn and cheap soda. The boys will make their own fun.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• do your best to bake him a really cool bday cake. Cake mix is cheap. Maybe let him have 2-3 guys hang out and/or spend the night. Order some pizza (or make some) and let him rent some new movies (1$ at redbox).
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I agree with the first two. LOL Mine turned 14 on March 11. I took him to the movies and we hung out..it's all he wanted.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• thanks moms!!!!!!!! i just thought that having some friends over for the night was like cheezy or korny! lol i figured at that age it was like not cool! :) thanks agian!
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

It is way cool to have guys come over and hang out.  Especially if the parents kinda leave them alone to do their own thing. 

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Bar Mitzvah?
    Anonymous

• Game night. Pizza, soda, snacks, and his favorite games, plus a few friends. Let them have a room to themselves and check every now and then to be sure they aren't out of food or anything. My brothers love doing that- it's usually pretty fun and doesn't cost a whole lot. Plus, instead of the traditional "gift" his friends could bring a favorite food or game just for that night if they want.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:53 PM on Mar. 25, 2010