How does the new bill effect military insurance?

:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• It doesn't. I'm not sure whether you should be encouraged by the fact that for you it'll be same old, same old.

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=68836

Answer by gdiamante at 3:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It changes tricare for life but not regular tricare. The tricare for life changes are because it's administered by medicare now and the medicare changes will impact it. They passed a separate law to protect military benefits, so there won't likely be a direct impact, but it's likely some of the same doctors who are going to start denying medicare/medicaid will also quit taking tricare for life, and overall everyone is going to eventually see the costs go up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Changes are coming for regular Tricare. This has nothing to do with the newly passed hc, but with budget cuts. I would expect copays by 2015 at the latest. I don't know how changes will affect existing members yet, but new service members will be affected.
    Anonymous

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• If there were copays and caps, a lot of people would get out. There are a lot of people who are staying in just for the benefits.
    Anonymous

• I am happy with Tricare for Life so I hope it remains the same.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010