Almost 36 weeks pregnant, how quick or slow are thees last 2-3 weeks going to go?

My doctor offered to induce me at 39 weeks but I went into labor at 38 weeks exactly with my first so Im kind of hoping the same will happen this time round. I just want her here so bad, every time I feel her move it just lights up my eyes and I want to hold her and kiss her and let her know mommy loves her. Not to mention my 3 yr old is dying to meet his baby sister, hes way over protective of her wont let anyone touch her clothes, toys or even let any one talk to her over my belly. He always kisses and hugs her and sings to her along with showing her his toys and his booboos when he gets one lol. I know allot of people would say that 2 or 3 weeks isnt any thing but when your anxiouse like me its dragging out a bit. I have to say that its gone by pretty quick but now that its towards the end Its driving me crazy to have to wait. Any one in my shoes and is it going by quick or really slow?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When you are really uncomfortable and miserable, that 2-3 weeks seems to take forever.
    Since you are excited, it may take forever too.
    When you are scared or not done preparing, the time goes by quickly.

It all depends on your situation.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 3:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'm not in your shoes but I too delivered my son at 38 weeks (he's my only one) and I know the last weeks are the longest!! Especially because of the discomfort/ lack of sleep/ anxiety. They will probably feel like 6 weeks but once you have your lil girl here it will feel quick lol I'm so jealous of you lol I have a boy and want a lil girl (not for about 5 more yrs tho haha) but congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• OP.... Thank you guys for answering!! I used to be scared because I worried about it taking time away from my youngest even though we this baby was planned and even had to undergo fertility drugs to have this little angel but Im so passed that and Im overwhelmed with emotions that she will be here very soon it just isnt soon enough for me lol. We wanted a boy so bad with our first child and god gave me that gift and he was on my side this time as well with a little girl even though daddy is scared to death having a girl because of the growing up part but Im really suprized how relazed hes been lately and excited I can see it in his eyes and how he talks about her. Im just a mess, Im crying right now lol!! A baby does a million things to your emotions expecially when you tried so hard to have him/her. I cant wait to see her
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks now. I'm starting to wonder if she's ever going to come out. Lol! It seems to be taking forever! It was going by fast until I got to 36 weeks. It's going by even slower now that I know she could be here any day now. I can't wait! I have a 2 year old son that pats his own belly when you ask him where his sister is, so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks of her once she's here. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You mean these 2 to 6 weeks? Because you can go over your due date. And it's probably going to drag because you're excited.
    Anonymous

• They will last about 2 - 3 weeks. If you keep yourself busy, they will seem like they are going faster than if you just sit around and do nothing.
    Anonymous

• the last three weeks will drag by because you want her to be here so bad. Both my daughters went over by more than 3 weeks but that was 3 decades ago and they don't let you do that any more. WE WANT TO SEE PICTURES of the little girl when she gets here
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Thanks you guys and no I ment 2-3 weeks cause I will be 36 saturday and if I go into labor at 38 weeks then thats only 2 weeks away and if I dont then doctor will induce me at 39 weeks which is 3 weeks away so yes thats between 2-3 weeks lol. But I will definatly post pics and try my hardest to keep bussy.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:13 PM on Mar. 25, 2010