15 months from bottle to cuppy...help

my son is 15 months old and i want him just on the cuppy no more bottle... when did you change your little one over? we have gotten a few different kind of cuppys for him to use but he just makes a mess all over the place with the nuby ones... he takes a drink and then opens his mouth and the milk goes every where... is there a nother cuppy that might be slower or work better... how long did it take you to get your little one all the way switched over?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i get my daughter the disney ones. and at 13 months i just took the bottle away, if she was thirsty she'd take what i gave her!
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We threw away DD's bottles the weekend of her first birthday and the only time she didn't want to take the cup was just before a nap and before bed. But after a few days she got over it.
    Anonymous

• A child doesn't need milk or formula after 12 months. I'll hold cups of water for my toddler grandson and he will sip through a straw. We have an old-fashioned straw dispenser and he likes to pick the straw. No mess if you are holding the cup and it really doesn't matter since it is water.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Gaill--this post is about bottles not milk, stop your crusade already.

ANYWAY, I took my daughter's bottle at 17 months on Christmas Eve---I took advantage of the craziness of the holiday. We also have the Disney princess sippy cups, I'm sure they have boy ones. They do not leak....in fact, I had to stick a fork in the opening because at first I couldn't get anything out.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Our son drinks mostly water, so he uses a Camelbak water bottle for that. He also uses a Foogo (it's a stainless steel cup with a straw), which I've seen people use for juice or other beverages, just make sure you can clean the straw well. Another we use is called Tilty, which has a slanted side, so they don't have to tip as far, and it's BPA-free. All of these are dishwasher safe.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010