What if I don't send my 2010 census form in??

What can they do to you? Can you really get in trouble for not sending it in?

Jacki88

Asked by Jacki88 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • they'll send you another,and pay you a visit if you dont send that one in.Theres a chance of getting into trouble if you seem to be dodging them
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Well, they will send you a friendly notice, then, maybe another..finally, someone will some to your house to ask the questions directly. Just send it in. I would hate to know that your kid/kids weren't counted in your city because you are paranoid and the school missed out on money for grants to increase programs. What if they were one behind the goal and your kid was the one?
    Anonymous

• they will find you and ask you the questions still. I didn't send in a census form and ended up getting a call at work. How on earth they found me at work I don't know. Once they start digging for you, if you refuse or hide I'm sure then you'll be trouble.

The questions don't ask for social security numbers which I'm glad about. When I didn't send in the form it was because I just forgot that's all. I don't mind the questions, it makes sense to me to know about how many people are in our country. I'm not sure the specific race questions are that important. But the number is.

Anonymous

• They will send sombody to your door, it's the law you have to dol it.
    It won't bite you just fill it out and send it in..
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• They may need race for knowing if they need to try to diversify schools or bring more culturally relevant people, businesses in.
    Anonymous

• the race thing is for the statistics department to track the diversity of Americans over the years
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• you might end up with someone on your door step asking for the info... you dont have to open the door. i think they will assume you have something to hide or are an illegal if you dont send it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:57 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I sent mine in and already got a notice saying I need to fill it out and return it. So I'm suree they will keep bugging you about it.
    Anonymous

• Why wouldn't you fill it out and send it in? It can only be a good thing for your community.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 4:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I am sending mine in, I was just curious as to what can happen if you don't send it in.
    Jacki88

Answer by Jacki88 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010