Those of you who use front facing car seats for your toddlers...

Do you use the latch system, or the seat belt? When you're installing the carseat in your car...do you use the latches the seats come with, and hook it into your car? Or do you thread the seat belt through the back of it? I'm just curious if people use the latches...I'm curious which is safer. I hear they are "equally safe", but I was just looking for opinions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use LATCH because for me it makes for an easier and tighter install
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• The latch is said to be safer. They wouldnt give it to you if it was better to just use the regular car belt!
    Anonymous

• i like latch better because it seems tighter and more secure than a seat belt. but it's difficult to take out when you need to switch the carseat to a different car.
    Anonymous

• My toddler sits front facing and I use the LATCH for securing the car seat. How would I put my toddler rear facing? Where would her legs go?
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Latch. It doesn't let the seat move nearly as much.
    Anonymous

• I use the Latch as well - I think it's more secure. (It is a pain when I have to put the car seat in my husband's truck though. I have to recline the seat in my truck to undo the carseat.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• We use the latch system for both of our toddler's forward facing seats.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i use the latch and the seat belt. not sure why?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i thought you were supposed to use both..oops..lol first time mom..well i use both, but the only latch i use is the one that's up closer to the top of the seat.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• RoostersMom4
    My toddler sits front facing and I use the LATCH for securing the car seat. How would I put my toddler rear facing? Where would her legs go?

Plenty of people rear face their toddlers and they fit just fine. This stupid leg excuse is faulty. My daughter is almost 2 and still rear facing with PLENTY of room.
    Anonymous