DO YOU WATCH HORDERS? SP. SORRY.

DOES WATCHING THE SHOW HORDERS MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE GRABBING A BOX OF TRASH BAGS AND LIQUIDATING? LOL. EVERYTIME i SEE THAT SHOW I START THINKING ABOUT ALL THE STUFF THAT I COULD GET RID OF, THAT'S JUST WASTING SPACE. I'M NO WHERE NEAR THAT BAD, IT SEEMS AS I GET OLDER, SENTIMENTAL VALUE CHANGES A BIT. BUT IT STILL MAKES YA THINK.............DOESN'T IT? LOL

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 4:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've seen it once it was too much for me, and yes then I went and had to make sure the house wasn't cluttered
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 4:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yep, I watch that show once in a while. When I see some of those houses and the mess they live in it makes me want to break out the cleaning products and give my house an extra good scrubbing. It also is my motivation for downsizing when I do my iin depth spring/fall cleaning, organizing and decluttering.
    Anonymous

• Totally does! I agree with you! It makes me want to overhaul my house and yard...
    But the feeling goes away after a while haha
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I was just watching this last night actually, and I was telling my husband about it today. I think that the woman that didn't throw away any trash for a year was just gross. Keeping papers, boxes whatever isn't as gross, but leaving food boxes around? I can't handle clutter, it SERIOUSLY stresses me out. I had my neices over and between them and my three kids, I was about to flip. I can handle some mess, I understand with kids they'll have toys all over, but I couldn't even walk in the livingroom! There is no way I could even step foot in a house like that. I understand it's a disorder, but holy crap!
    Anonymous

• There are two shows now. One on A&E and one on TLC.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• YEP! and same with the verminator type shows....I pull out the appliances and give it all a good scrubbin!

MIL is a packrat - we come home from there and dh starts purging things. he's a reverse packrat - will toss anything and everything in the trash.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My house has never been like those houses and never will be. But it did inspire my adult son that's living here until he's completed his Law Enforcement Training course to clean his room.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I am areverse packrat too cause I have seen too much clutter! Clutter stresses me out!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Yep I watch it and it both makes me want to purge and it makes me feel so much better about my cluttered house. I mean I have clutter, it comes with having kids and being busy, but as bad as it gets (before I purge everything) it's not even close to as bad as some of the "after" shots of those houses.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I live with a (diagnosed) hoarder; the show would make me go to pieces.
    Anonymous