After delivery (maybe tmi)

gave birth to my daughter Feb 18th since then my bleeding has come way down. Its more of a brown color. Today i have been bleeding more than before and its back to a bright red like it was right after delivery. Did anyone else have this? is it normal? i go to the doctor next week.

fenska87

Asked by fenska87 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its normal it may do that a little longer... it will probly be finished soon...we are all different but if you are really concerned then i would see a doctor...just to be on the safe side..good luck
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 4:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It's not normal. You should give the office a call and see what they say.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:24 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• this is normal after having my youngest I stopped for a day, but started bleeding again after lifting the baby seat if you are doing lifting more than the baby it can cause you to bleed again. You normally bleed from 4-8 weeks
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• like mommy5409 said, if you did something extra physical, this can cause the bleeding to start up again. you still need to take it easy. let your body heal. in china, new moms don't do anything for a whole month! the moms and moms in law do everything.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• i had it as well i panicked, is normal
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 5:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It could be from overexerting yourself. Or it could be your period. I started my period at 5 weeks post-partum with both of mine (one of them exclusively breastfed). I would go ahead and call the doctor to have it checked just in case, though. It might be nothing, but then it might be something.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010