help why does my back and neck hurt everytime I get a cold. (back problems)

I am not sure what it is called I have, but have had bad headaches for over 2 yeaars now and just found out a couple months ago what it is from. The arch in my back is going the wrong direction and the one in my neck is going the oposite way so it is making me pinch a nerve in my neck and the virabrain in my back is all spaced apart not sure what it is called, but I am supose to be seeing a ciropractor 3 times a week, but haven't been going cause i can't afford it. Anyway, every single time this is my second or third cold and every single time I get a cold my back and neck hurt the worst does anyone know why this would be? What can I do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Health

• i have a chronic back problem from being in a car accident when i was a kid and a bad knee from an injury when i was 13. i have the same problem (back and knee pain gets worse when i'm sick). My doctor told me it's because when we are sick, especially sicknesses that come with a high fever, we get dehydrated and since our spinal fluid is mostly water it "dries up" and makes your joints hurt.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• oh and as for what to do about it, there's not much you can do. i just try to drink extra water or sports drinks with electrolytes in them when i feel a cold coming on. it helps a little bit but nothing stops it completely.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2010