Is it too early?

DH and I just found out we're expecting baby #2. I am almost 6 weeks along. With our first (he was a surprise) we didn't know we were expecting until about 8 or 9 weeks and didn't tell anyone until about 12 weeks. We of course were very excited about the first, but this time we are having a hard time keeping it quiet. I just don't want to tell everyone and then miscarry because that would be hard to have to tell everyone after our announcement. When did you announce you were expecting? I have no history of miscarriage, but I've only been pregnant one other time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Tell them whenever you are comfortable with telling them. If you happen to miscarry after you have announced your pregnancy it is nice to have family support in that type of situation.

Good luck and CONGRATS!!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• with my first 3 pregnancys i told everyone as soon as i found out. I got 2 boys out of the girst 2 but I miscarried my 3rd. It was really hard to have to basically "untell" everyone. So when i got pregnant with my 4th this december we decided not to tell anyone but my brother, SIL, and our parents. Then in Febuary i ended up haveing another miscarriage. It was good not to have to tell everyone what happened but it was goo dot have the suport of out immediate family. Just do what is right for you and you DH. Congrats on the baby!!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I told everyone right away. I agree with the PP, it would be nice to have the support. I wouldn't worry about telling people for that reason.
    TruckersWife426

Answer by TruckersWife426 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'll be 6 weeks on Saturday! I told my family right when I found out pretty much! Lol. I'm not telling other people (like facebook friends or other friends) until after my first doctor's appt which it April 13th. I'm in the same boat as you! Only pregnant one other time, with my son. No history of MC or anything like that. Good luck and congrats!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 8:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I would go with what Amanda7891 did; go ahead and tell immediate family/close friends who you wouldn't mind "untelling" later IF something happens, and save the big announcements for later on. That way you've got the best of both worlds, so to speak, and still get to share your excitement.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:45 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Congrats momma. I actually was going to wait until 12 weeks with our first, but only kept quiet until 6 weeks preg. With our second his mother actually over heard a conversation I was having with my friend (couldnt keep quiet, hadda tell sum1) and so that's how they found out and I was actually barely 4 weeks. We're hoping when we ttc our third, we won't tell people until 12 weeks... :)
    I want to buy the shirt on cafepress.com that says "oops they did it again... i'm going to be a big sister!" lol..!!!
    ramzmomma

Answer by ramzmomma at 10:25 PM on Mar. 25, 2010