can i still keep it?

I had a c section last november, i have been on birth control since 6 weeks after, so almost three months now, however this month my period is three weeks late, i did a test, i am positive, i have an appointment next week.

since my last period i had two teeth removed and on heavy painillers, with that plus c sec will i be able to keep this baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The risks should be low.Every pregnancy is different so you never can know the outcome.Your doctor can tell you more.
    Anonymous

• It will be risky for you to have another baby so soon. I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't want to risk leaving my child without a mother.
    Anonymous

• i would talk to your doctor sorry i couldnt be more help
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Just talk to you doctor. As for it being risky having one so much sooner after the last, every pregnancy holds a level of risk. Women do it all the time and are blessed with beautiful, healthy babies.

Can I ask though...was there complications from the C-section? I ask because it seems extreme to be on painkillers for so long.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 8:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• As for birth control, I was on birth control for 4 months not knowing I was pregnant. (It didn't work, then did me the favor of giving me a period every month and then I finally missed one.) The baby is fine. I have no idea about your pain killers though, it's real important to go over that. If you mean November as in November 2009, I'm sure your inner stitches have healed, I'm just worried about your scar on the outside giving you problems. I had some scar tissue on my belly button, nothing major, and that thing ripped open and got infected.
    ohsowonderful

Answer by ohsowonderful at 9:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My friend had a c section and 2 months later found out she was pregnant again.. she just had the new baby and everything went fine.
    As for painkillers and such - the first couple weeks it really doesn't matter... I was drinking real heavy one night and the next day found out I was pregnant (of course all drinking stopped immediately.) and everything is perfectly fine with my dd.
    It's best that you know now - and that you stop all medication, get on some prenatals you can buy over the counter until you see your doctor, and good luck.
    Anonymous