At what age did you put your baby in a toddler bed?

I am thinking about switching my 22-month-old from a crib to a toddler bed. Any suggestions?

landontsmama08

Asked by landontsmama08 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• skipped the toddler bed and went straight to a twin.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• probably at 11 months. she wouldn't sleep in her crib, just didn't want anything to do with it. what you can do is set it up, and let him sleep there at nap time..and if he really likes it, like my dd did with hers, he'll sleep in it the first night...and if he won't sleep in it other than at nap time first, leave it in his room so he gets used to it, let him feel it out. good luck..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 5:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• When he started to be too heavy to carry in and out of the crib, and w/ the other when he started climbing out.

And the only reason we did put them in a toddler bed, was because one was given to us, or we would have just waited till they were too long for their crib.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:40 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Oops, forgot to finish :-)

We would have gone from crib to twin.

There! I'm done :-D
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My first we switch around 10 or 11 months...second we'll just see how she does. She rolls alot more than my son did, so we may wait a lil longer on her
    Anonymous

• I converted my child's crib to a toddler bed when he learned to climb out of the crib. LOL. He was almost 2.5.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 5:48 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My daughter is 20 months and still happily sleeping in her crib. I don't see switching her any time soon.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I switch my daughter around 13 mths. She wasnt climbing out or anything she has always sleept in her crib but she got to were she started crying and she moves alot so I put side rails up. But know she is 17 mths and I just took the side rails down like 2 days ago and she hasnt fell and she sleeps so much better to.
    Anonymous

• My toddler went to a twin mattress on the floor at 2.5 yrs when he refused to sleep in his crib any more. He had never even attempted to climb out before than, so we left him in there until he decided otherwise. I plan on doing the same with my second, letting her stay in the crib until she either tries to climb out or doesn't want to sleep there any more. I think that helped a lot with my toddler's readiness; I've never had a single problem with him staying in his bed from the very first night.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010