computer printer question

I have a home computer and now a laptop. Can anyone tell me if there is a wireless adaptor i can use for my all-in-one printer that is connected to my pc so that I can also use it with my laptop? I'd like to use the printer with my laptop without plugging them intogether.

kimmy73

Asked by kimmy73 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a VAIO laptop and a kodak printer, and I just downloaded the printer to the laptop (using the disk the printer came with) and can print just fine w/o any cords.

But I'm not sure about a all-in-one computer as yours....
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I'm pretty sure the only printers capable of wireless networking are newer ones with the wireless capability already built in. I've never heard of a wireless adapter for a printer.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:50 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I think it has to come with the wireless already built in. Call best buy or something and ask.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 7:41 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• The documentation that came with it should tell you if it can be networked, either wired or wirelessly. Does it have a port for a cat 5 cable? If not, you will have to use one printer as the "print server". Either way, you need the printer drivers installed on the laptop.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 26, 2010