teacher mocking kids in class

my daughter is in middle school I had a meeting with this teacher concerning my daughters homework not being turned in beside them waiting a long time to let me know. that is besides the point.the teacher called my daughter while she was in the hallway and she was with her friends and told her what happened in the meeting in front of all her friends.On top of it laughed and asked her if she punished which is not her concern and was kinda mocking her.she is always embarrassing her in class mostly her even other kids notice. she has said some bad things to other kids like your a waist of time and another one she called him gay.she always screams in class daily and points my daughter out alot.I am thinking of sending her an email and telling her that this has to stop before I go to the head of school bored .she seems young very unethical and needs to get her priorities together and know she is there to teach not to mock kids.??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• makes you wonder why people that that become teachers. can you have your dd moved to another class?
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Well I'm sure if your email is as well written as this post the teacher will be impressed.

Anonymous

• Maybe you should talk to the principal. When I was in 6th grade one of my teachers was asking me personal questions about my dad. My mom was PISSED and called the principal and the teacher got in trouble. Then she had the nerve to blame me and say I was the one who volunteered the info. They basically told her she was the adult and it was her responsibility to act accordingly. And yes she brought it up in front of my class and everyone was basically staring at me. See if you can have your daughter moved to another class. Some people really should not be in the position to educate children when they act like children themselves.
    Anonymous

• Yes, write the email.
    Just remember, other than the incident you witnessed, you only have your young daughter's word for the rest, and we all know how skewed a child's perception can be, and how well they tend to exaggerate things.
    Anonymous

• you have already dealt with the teacher, and she did not respond appropriately. go to the principal, and do tell him everything your daughter has told you. she may need more guidance as a teacher, and it is possible too, that the principal needs a reason to write her up, or even dismiss her.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You need to contact the principal and tell him about the situation. He will get results much faster than the school board, plus that is her immediate boss. You need to call him first thing in the morning because teacher contract renewals are coming up really soon.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Write the email, but you need to tell her that you HAVE contacted the head of the school. CC the email to the principal and whoever else you need to. There is already a shortage of teachers, so to have our children taught by these ignorant people, well you can either wait it out or take control. She doesn't need to be teaching.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:47 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• From the teacher's perspective, I'm sure she would LOVE you to email her, to show an interest in your kid, who is being singled out, for a reason. As someone else said, you only know one side. Talk to the teacher to find out why she feels the need to respond to her in that manner. I am not saying it's OK to mock kids, but I am saying that everyone has a breaking point. Even including the principal is a great idea.

Short story: One day in a class of 5th graders, I said that I was "Pissed off" (not thinking it was a bad word, apparently some do) and was called into the principal's office after recess. I was told it was bad language. I apologized, and didn't use it again. THEN, she called the kids in. Why would the teacher be pissed off? Oh, kids looking at their feet and averting their eyes. Because they refused to do work and were screwing around, and getting the other kids to screw off too. Who got in trouble? NOT ME.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2010