shy, sensitive, or scared???? help..

my duaghter is fine around certain kids . but recently if any kid approches her, weather it be a store, park or a friends house, she freaks out, crying and screaming and holding up her hands for me to pick her up.. .. the other kids only looked at her or walked past her.. why is she acting like this.......
i know she observes more then plays, but she used to approach them before......... (recently she went to the park and approached this toy and a 3 y/o yelled no mine at the top of her lungs and the proceeded to throw it at my duaghter when the mom told her daughter to give it to mine, it wasnt even that little gurls toy)....... how do i get my 2 y/o to be outgoing again?....... has your child ever been like this?

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't stress too much. toddlers frequently go in and out of phases where they're socially reserved. its really a part of them ultimately becoming independent. They branch out and then sometimes have to run back to mommy for reassurance before venturing back out. Maybe the park triggered this new cycle or maybe it was a coincidence. Just know they take their cues from you so as long as you're acting the same and being sensitive to her feelings but not letting them hold her back, I think she'll be just fine.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:12 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I think she just needs a little time she will eventally be out going again. My daughter is very shy. Kids or adults come up and talk to my daughter she backs up or has me hold her. At the play ground there cant be very many people around or she want play she will just watch. She would rather play with the sand any ways. But my daughter takes after me Im very shy tell I get to know someone then u would lucky if u can get me queit. She will out grow it.
    Anonymous