a nasty attitude on someone elses toddler

when your at a park or playgroound, what do you do if another child is nasty to your own, yelling and screaming and throwing things...... how do you talk to the parents if they are around????.. or how do you dela with the other child or your own.

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would take my child away from them. You can't control how other parents parent their children, so you do what you need to do for your child to keep them safe and happy.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:14 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I am very protective of my kids and i've been through that as well and i just tell my son to get away from the other kid. and if it continues i immidiately talk to the parents or say something outloud so they can get a hint
    Anonymous

• i know this answer is going to get some negitive response, but i dont care. if the offending child's parents are in plain view of the situation, and do nothing to control it, i tell my kids to "buck up!" if that means giving a bully a taste of their own medicine, so be it! meandmy is right: you cant control the way ppl parent their children. but there will be times when there are no parents around to handle the situation. im not saying to raise ur kids like pitbulls, but they have to be able to defend themselves. better they practice on the playground under your watch then get bullied when ur not around.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I would direct my child somewhere else to play. And If the other child physically hit my kid, damn striaght I would be finding and telling the other parent. If my kid ever hit someone (hopefully never happens) then I would hope the other parent would tell me. If he was hurting my child emotionally then yah I would tell them most likely too. Sometimes things stick to a kid in a bad way if you know what i mean.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• It happens ALL the time. All you can do is try to control what your child does. There is an inside park at our mall and it is a breeding ground for lazy, inattentive parents. There is always a kid that is climbing on the netting or throwing some of the toys around. If I do see that happen, and I usually do, I will just tell them. "Hey, you're not supposed to be climbing on that. There are littler kids around and you're not setting a good example." I do use a stern voice and it usually ends with them staring at me like "WHAT??!!" But, they just get down and behave. If the parents are there, I will just tell my kids that we have to go. When they ask why, I will just tell them the truth. "Because the other kids aren't playing nice."
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:26 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I tell that kid to knock it off. It the other parent was going to do something, maybe they'd have done it already, IF they were actually watching their kid. IDK who the parent is, but I do know who the problem child is.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:00 PM on Mar. 25, 2010