family babysitter and threats.

when i ask my sister, to babysit, she say ok, but i dont want to stay in the house all day.. i told her she could use my car.. she told me she was going prom dress shopping with her friend, (a gurl ive never met).. my sister has never been to the store w my dd and she always likes to run off..... my husband said no, and i agreed.. to many factors. 1. friend weve never met, 2 shes never been out by herself w dd, 3. she using my car with her feind and my daughter in it to do there shopping....... my sister threatened me with .. ( what would you do if i handt told you, i only told you becasue shes your daughter?????)....

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• thats not a threat.
    Anonymous

• Um she sounds really irresponsible and immature . I wouldn't let her babysit anymore until she's a lot older. And she also sounds like she think she's entitled to a lot of things. So no, she woulnd't be babysitting.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I agree she wouldn't be keeping my kids.
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I won't let my OWN tenager drive my younger kids to the mall, so I think you and your husband are 100% correct in saying no. You can't trust a teen girl who is prom-dress shopping with a friend to adequately watch a small child at the same time - the two activities just don't jive.
    Anonymous

• *teenager
    Anonymous

• It's your daughter. You control who watches her. If your sister is mad, it's probably because she had planned to go shopping with her friend. If she can't understand your reasoning, don't worry about it. She's obviously still in high school and too immature to relate to you that way.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• shes actually 20...... but this is not the first time ive asked her to babysit and ive changed my mind becasue she cant just watch my daughter at the house or the park w other kids my daughters age.... she gets mad.. but im just tired of her saying well waht if i dont tell you what i plan to do while i watch her... i havent asked her to babysit much since she said that to me, but sometimes shes the only one who has free time when i have to work and dot have a babysitter....... ive stopped depending on her.....
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I posted a website on your other question. www.sittercity.com

if she is 20, why the prom dress? That's where my assumption came in to her age.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:55 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• her friends a senior in highschool, .. her prom. i guess she was helping her select a dress.........
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 25, 2010