sarcasm from family memebers about you parenting style.

when ever my mother doesnt agree w something i decide about my daughter she sarcastic and makes fun of me........ i decides not to let my sister watch my daughter becasue my daughter runs off in stores and my sister has never been shopping alone with dd,a nd she was brining a teen friend shopping for prom dresses.. a week later i asked my mother to babysit and she said".. i dont know i might lose her", i got real angry and preceeded to explain why i made that decisian, (but why should i explain to her my choice).. how would you deal wiht it, because this isnt the first time, she s done this when i make a desion about my daughter pertaining another fmaily member??.

jlouise03

Asked by jlouise03 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Don't play her game. Just say OK when she makes the comment about watching your child. Either you will want her to watch your child bad enough or she will want to watch her grandchild enough for something to change.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:22 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Just tell anyone that starts with sarcasm, STOP don't go there! cut them off.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Just find a sitter that isn't a family member. www.sittercity.com

Don't worry about it, if that's the way she wants to act and speak to you, then don't call her and don't take her calls. When she realizes that you're avoiding her, tell her why. She needs to respect you as an adult and as a mother and that entails all the choices you make regarding your daughter.

BTW: About your daughter running off in the store...I have 2, ages 4 and 5, they are the same way at times. It's frustrating. So, my husband and I bought those backpack harness leashes for them. We didn't present them as a punishment and they got to pick out the one that they wanted. It has helped tremendously. Even when we don't have their leashes, they automatically stay by us. I know it sounds like we're training dogs, but you gotta do what you gotta do. For their safety and your sanity. Good luck!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I would just okay when she makes a smart comment. She will see that it irritates you. Dont let it get to you though. Your the mom and what you say goes. It really doesnt matter how she feels about it.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Remember everybody has different parenting styles. Try to give her advice not tell her what to do, it will go further.
    indigo645

Answer by indigo645 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 26, 2010