Can a toddler boy show signs of homosexuality?

My son looooves to wear my bras. And I'm not laughing about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Listen, my son is 5. He has a 4 y/o sister who is very girly and I that he is around for about 85% of the time. He tells me that I have pretty shoes. He loves brushing his sister's hair. He will even proudly wear his suit and tie to preK, regardless of what other kids may say to him(they love it actually). I have some friends that have said that he's gay. I used to get mad as hell about that. But, then I just realized that hey, he is around 2 females most of the time. Dad isn't a "macho" guy, he's a computer nerd. He is living what he learns and what your son is learning is how to put on bras by watching you. And hey, if dad says anything, just joke around and tell him "He just wants to be a pro @ unhooking them when he gets older." Laugh it off. If you had a daughter that didn't want to put her hair up and only wanted to play with trucks, would it be an issue?

Just saying, relax and enjoy it. He'll be fine.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• No
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• He may not be gay, he just may like women clothing? it takes more than that to see if someone is gay.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• He must see them, he must see you wearing them and he is just trying to be like you. I remember when my son was about 4, I'd pick him up at PreK and he's be wearing a pink tutu. I told the teacher I didn't mind that he was wearing it, I just didn't want to see him in it everyday. I asked her to get it off of him before she expected me. LOL. He's 19, has had a serious girlfriend for about a year. Try not to worry.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Please be a troll, please tell me this is not a real question.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Moms I'm not a troll. Even if I take the time to explain my concern I don't think that you would take my word for it. This is a legitimate question. Gail and Kjr thank you so much for the posts. op
    Anonymous

• ThrivingMom LOL!!!
    Your son admires you (as do all sons at that age). He wants to be just like you. Put on your shoes, do things around the house as you do. Of course not all boys do this but that doesn't mean they're straight off the bat cuz they don't imitate you. He's imitating you and you're a great role model, you're MOM! I hope you don't create an adult that dresses like women in hiding LOL! by condoning it.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Vero Thanks Love your comment. op (keep in mind that you said that not all the toddler boys do it. -put mom's bra on-
    Anonymous

• Ok, in that case the answer to your question is no. Toddlers cannot show gay tendencies because toddlers don't yet have a sexual orientation. Also, the way a person dresses can have little to do with their sexual orientations. Some where out there I'm sure there is a gay man wearing a t-shirt with a monster truck on it.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:42 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Lol my husbands twin nephews used to wear shirts on their heads so they could pretend to have long hair and since there mother let them watch Coyote Ugly all the time when they were 2 they used to dance like that as well. One used to tie a sheet around himeself and call himself Cinderella. Oh and they also used to wear their mothers bras. They are 18 now and definently not gay. Kids just have wild imaginations and like to imitate what they see.
    Anonymous