Do you think the cafe mom showdowns are a bunch of bull? NO OFFENSE but my baby lost to a couple cutest baby contests and she was paired up to a rather not so cute little boy. . .i mean seriously. Not trying to mean but I dont understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Mar. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I hear what you're saying. My kids are REALLY cute. And I know it's NOT just me who believes so. I've heard people that don't even like me telling others that my kids are the cutest kids in the world. They are completely irresistable. And they've lost showdowns to not so cute baby's too. I don't sweat it, especially not on here. And no...not every kid is cute to their mother...I know some people who's baby's ARE not so cute and or ugly...and they KNOW their kid is ugly. Kids CAN be ugly. Just because they are young and innocent, does not automatically make them cute. Some babies/toddlers are cute...and some aren't. That's just how it is. Don't let a cafemom showdown get to you, come on now, seriously? You really care what these people think about what your child looks like? Let it go.
    Anonymous

• parents always think they have the cutest baby!
    Anonymous

• Could be the other baby's mom has lots of friends voting for him.
    Could be people vote for the less cute baby because they feel bad for him or his mom (pity vote, or underdog theory).
    Could be the other baby looks so much like some people's own child they couldn't pass up voting for him.
    Could be your baby is not as cute as you think.

Really, it could be anything.
    Anonymous

• I think something is seriously up with it. I've put up a baby picture of my little girl who everyone says is pretty and it was up against an ugly baby that was even a bad picture and the vote wasn't even close. Also, I put up a very handsome picture of my husband and he got beat out by this nasty thug looking dude that was covered in tattoos and had a mullet.
    Anonymous

• cuteness is relative.

your kid is cute to you....but might not be to someone else.

why get your panties in a knot because someone else's kid won? its not like there's a prize or anything
    Anonymous

• maybe ur attitude lost the contest. not that i dont get what ur saying, but u cant call other babies "not so cute" and expect anyone to vote ur child "cutest"
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:34 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Could be you have some enemies (or frenemies) who want to see you lose, so they vote against you. Maybe you answered a question and some people didn't like your response, so they voted against you.
    Anonymous

• If you don't like the results, then don't enter them.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:36 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• You might not be trying to be mean but you are! FYI mothers never think their baby is anything but the cutest thing they have ever seen
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 6:37 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• dont based your child cuteness on stragers,i mean come on would a total stranger or any adult with a heart really say 'your kid is ugly" maybie only you see them that cute or maybie the whole show is off,either way if you cant handle it then dont play.
    Anonymous